ETorque still on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thought already verified this question but now i am not certain.

When the Start Stop feature is turned off is the eTorque still providing eTorque supplemental torque when starting from a stop?

Thank you.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just watched this vid. https://youtu.be/Nwnw452p2ZA It discussed the 6 different things the eTorque does. It sounds like turning the stop start feature off doesn’t turn off a eTorque but I can’t say I’m 100% positive.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It would be stoopid if they disabled the entire system when disabling 1 of 5 (iIRC) features.

FCA and its' ancestors have made some really great decisions and some really stoopid ones, so it's kinda hard to say here until proof is presented.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I remember reading an article on this a couple years ago. In that article they said that the button only disables the stop/start function. The rest of the system remains active. I keep mine disabled all the time using the autostop eliminator. It works flawlessly. And the button still works to turn it on if I want. I just don't have to push the button every time I start the truck anymore.

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Right on. I have the eliminator too. I got the truck in May. I hated the start stop features so I got the eliminator. I figure try it again but i still hate it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I turned it on while driving around Bozeman MT last week. The weather was nearly perfect and we didn't need the AC so I figured I'd let it do its thing. It got a little annoying so I turned it back off LOL. My fuel economy doesn't seem to be affected by keeping it off since most of my normal driving/commuting is highway driving so it rarely ever even shuts the engine off. And I'm not convinced that all that starting and stopping of the engine isn't causing even a little more wear than if it just keeps running all the time.