ETorque tune??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FAAPOD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi
How did you order with eTorque? The dealer I’m talking to + others say it is not yet available for ordering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to just now be getting back on this. Yes, I got a call later in the day from someone else at the dealership to let me know I could only do the regular 5.7 at this time and did I want that or wait. I opted to move ahead without the E-torque.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to just now be getting back on this. Yes, I got a call later in the day from someone else at the dealership to let me know I could only do the regular 5.7 at this time and did I want that or wait. I opted to move ahead without the E-torque.

Oh no but you'll be missing out on that 10% fuel economy increase that will pay for itself after 8 years when the e-Torque system breaks and costs $3k to fix!

LOL I think you made the right decision

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I forgot that it replaced the alternator on the 5.7, good point.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read that the eTorque is only in play for about 1.3 seconds each time the vehicle is accelerated from a dead stop. I think many think the advertised torque of the eTorque system is available at all times. No so
And the cost of the eTorque as an option likely pales in comparison to the cost of replacement of any of the components of the system

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would want E Torque for the performance I would care if it broke i bet the take off is amazing.

Joe S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Yes. I ordered one on April 13th... Dealer said 8 to 10 weeks, but I'm suspecting longer...

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My biggest complaint about eTorque probably isn’t even the eTorque, it’s that damn start and stop that I absolutely despise in my fiancé’s new Jeep. I have to turn it off every time I get into her car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boatman1013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I ordered mine, E-Torque and Rambox were both late availability. I went ahead with my order not knowing if you could shut down the stop/start feature. Thought it would sound funny with a custom louder exhaust. Always loved the Hemi rumble at idle.

Mercury250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L E torque
E torque is no longer listed as late availability. I ordered one, limited, rambox, e torque. I ordered it because frankly, I want to do anything to sort of make it even close to the low end torque of my 3.5L EcoBoost. And before anyone says anything, that motor produces WAY more torque down low than the Hemi. I've driven them both. Fell in love with the Ram ride and interior. Anyway, production of the e torque is a wreck. A $300M gaggle for FCA. Not impressed so far.