EVAP Purge Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aidmyaim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Hello,

Has anyone seen issues with the evap purge valve going bad repeatedly? Mines has “went bad” twice this year already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Replaced mine about 6 mo. ago (mopar).No problems.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
What symptoms when it goes bad? What does it look like and where is it located---on the engine?

OP
OP
A

aidmyaim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Honestly there are no symptoms, it’s just throwing a code for an EVAP purge valve failure. It’s the white and black valve that’s on the passenger side of the engine at the top hanging off the firewall with two tubes and a plug coming off it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
test the purge valve ,maybe your problem is in the wires /plug and the valve is ok

Debadged17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm having this same issue. Replaces the purge valve 2 times. The gas cap once. The charcoal can once. Still sending a loose gas cap light after a week and the C/E light shortly after. Anyone have a clue as to what my next step should be?

I took my truck to the dealership. They "cleared" the code when I stepped into the rr and they said the lights came right back on. I let them do a smoke test and they told me the purge valve that was brand new wasn't opening and was bad. They wanted 500.00 dollars to fix it. I paid the 120.00 for the smoke test and left. Bought ANOTHER mopar purge valve. Cleared the code via pulling the neg terminal cable for 30 minutes. One week later to the date my dash showed loose gas cap. Still waiting for the C/E light to come back on.... 2017 Ram Power Wagon

Last edited: