EVIC Upgrade issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2005 Ram 1500 QC. My original overhead console is just the base version. I found an EVIC out of a Durango (I think). Anyway, it works and I'm able to access the menu features and program the door unlock, horn, etc.

I can get:
Direction
Miles till service
Trip miles

I can't get:
Miles till empty
Temperature
Avg Miles per gallon

Any ideas?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah, it's not designed for your vehicle, there's only one part number EVIC that works properly in the 02-05 Ram. What year Durango did you pull it out of?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure of the year.

Honestly doesn't matter, I was just curious if you had gotten it from a PCI bus (up through 03) or CAN bus (04 & newer) truck. The older one is the only one that would have had any real chance of working correctly. The proper one will give you full function and then some; there's a host of configurable options. Give this thread a read: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2003-otis-swap.118598/
It has the correct part number you need but it's usually rare to find one used; I've never seen one in 14yrs. There is also a link to Amazon, they have some brand new, they're cheaper than original brand new but cheap.
Should look like this:

evicprompts-jpg.125446

OP
OP
R

Robert H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the functions on the left side of your image works, the stuff on the right side doesn't.

The Homelink buttons work though.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Find the right one (or buy it off that Amazon link lol) and everything will work.