Exhaust bolt pattern drivers side 2020 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rustynuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 gas/elec
Just got my JBA shorty headers after a 4 Mo. wait only to find out they (drivers side) won't fit. Bolt pattern on the headers are the same for both sides, problem is my driver side head has a different bolt pattern on the front two bolt holes. Everything says these are the right headers. ? What is different about my drivers side head. Got a call into Pertronics (JBA manufacture).
Thank you,
Marty

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just got my JBA shorty headers after a 4 Mo. wait only to find out they (drivers side) won't fit. Bolt pattern on the headers are the same for both sides, problem is my driver side head has a different bolt pattern on the front two bolt holes. Everything says these are the right headers. ? What is different about my drivers side head. Got a call into Pertronics (JBA manufacture).
Thank you,
Marty
Are you sure you're not seeing the unused egr port. The older egr port isn't used anymore,and is just a blind hole on the newer hemi's. It's slightly above and a bit ahead of the actual manifold bolt hole

OP
OP
R

rustynuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 gas/elec
Thanks Wild one:
There are 2 exhaust manifold bolts on the front part of the head that are pretty much perpendicular to each other and are 2" centerline to centerline apart and are holding the ex manifold on. I'm going to see if I can get a photo and post it on this thread.
Not the techies guy on the computer - Marty
Photos - drivers side Ex. front of engine
OK! After further investigation it appears that if I just don't reinstall the lower bolt in the picture the headers will fit as all other bolts line-up.
I was kind of hoping the instructions or a video or someone who has done this would confirm my conclusion.

Attachments

• P1050764.JPG
    P1050764.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P1050765.JPG
    P1050765.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: