Exhaust bolts on 2017s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GhostGregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I’m worried they will try to charge me a ton if I were to bring it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An honest shop should charge you about .5 hrs per broken bolt of labor time. I would call around and ask before committing to a shop. Some shops do these a lot on these trucks and can whip it out quick.

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which ones are more prone to breaking. I'm going to be checking mine this afternoon. I got a set of LT headers that I want to install. However I don't want to fight with a broken bolt/bolts during the install since this is my daily driver.

Generally speaking it’s the bolts at the rear or front of engine due to the mani flange warping. Just got my truck back yesterday and had 1 snapped bolt at passenger rear of engine. I’m about to order some ARH long tubes

Easy way to check is to tug on the manifold heat shield to see if it’s loose or not

Last edited:
OP
OP
dhows31

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It’s amazing with this many people having issues there hasn’t been something done about it. I know I had this issue on a 2012 so they’ve known about it for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30stones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found two broken on passenger side and one on drivers side. 2015 with 36k I guess aftermarket headers next or cheap out and buy dorman for a temp fix for now

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found two broken on passenger side and one on drivers side. 2015 with 36k I guess aftermarket headers next or cheap out and buy dorman for a temp fix for now
5yr power train warranty....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3yr 36k. When I bought the truck the salesman said the factory powertrain was almost up. I bought it in 2018 with 30k on it.
Hmm

Power train warranty was 5/100k I thought back then. Unless maybe it doesn't transfer when bought used?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

30stones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here it say's it was a special extended warranty to get 5yr 100k. I didn't get any extended warranties on the truck.

Screenshot_20191013-082811.png

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here it say's it was a special extended warranty to get 5yr 100k. I didn't get any extended warranties on the truck.

View attachment 183172

I think that is implying those extended warranties are "special" compared to the bumper to bumper. You didnt need to purchase the powertrain special extended warranty, its what came with the truck.

I think if you sign up and log in to the Mopar Owner Dashboard site, you can download your warranty info.

BTW, my 2017 shows "special extended warranty" for the powertrain as well....I never bought an extended powertrain warranty, so in your case you should be covered to 5/100K by default.

30stones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did sign into Mopar and downloaded the warranty info that's where that come from. Definitely worth checking into. Thanks for the info

30stones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that is implying those extended warranties are "special" compared to the bumper to bumper. You didnt need to purchase the powertrain special extended warranty, its what came with the truck.

I think if you sign up and log in to the Mopar Owner Dashboard site, you can download your warranty info.

BTW, my 2017 shows "special extended warranty" for the powertrain as well....I never bought an extended powertrain warranty, so in your case you should be covered to 5/100K by default.
Called yesterday it is covered under warranty still.

Bigpaul13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got it back today. Took a day and a half but they said every bolt was broke. Replaced all the bolts and replaced both manifolds and gaskets. Good to go!

Might want to go take a look and make sure they actually replaced the manifolds. I just got mine back tonight and on the phone they said they replaced my passenger side manifold and it said it in their comments on the page they give you when you leave. Got home and looked to see my old rusty manifold there. Just new bolts.