Exhaust help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason Cooley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, been reading a lot of threads here so I figured I would sign up and reach out. I have a 14 Ram 1500 4x4 with a custom "budget friendly" dual exhaust or at least I thought haha. JBL LT headers, high flow cats, Super 10 series mufflers, really short system. Any who my computer through a code for the secondary stock O2 sensors. Trying to avoid the tuning route if possible and was wondering if there are O2 sensors out there that could handle the increase exhaust flow? Thanks.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Gotta tune it to get rid of codes unfortunately. A good tune will also get you a lot more power.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Gotta tune it to get rid of codes unfortunately. A good tune will also get you a lot more power.

Agreed.

You could try welding in multiple bungs to see if moving the sensors helps but that's a lot of guesswork and it probably won't work in any event.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
never tried this yet buuut worth a shot for $4 you could always try this to try and trick the secondary 02 sensors.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've never had the non-foulers work on anything in the past longer than a few weeks before codes show up. The only bullet proof method is tuning or plugs and building sim's trick the PCM into perfect catalyst function.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Run o2 defouler like the post above. Make sure you run one with a 90deg elbow like this one. https://www.maperformance.com/produ...gPQXhmxNhwm2NiZiV0-x7rjOfIbDUMoIaAsW4EALw_wcB

The goal is to get the o2 sensor away from the exhaust fumes but still get hot. I ran the 90deg ones in my 370z running just test pipes no cats at all. No error codes when I needed to go to deq take test pipes out and o2s were still good.