Exhaust manifold bolts and aftermarket mufflers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you who have dealt with the broken bolts, has any dealership given anyone a hard time with this repair if they see you have an aftermarket muffler? I know theres alot of debates on warranty repairs and aftermarket parts, ive read them all here. Can a dealer actually say, well you modified your exhaust and could have stressed the manifold bolts during install? Goin in for my 1st dealer service soon, and this has been on my mind. Im at 4980 miles and do get the tick on some startups. Wheter its manifold or the hemi tick im not sure.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would not surprise me if they did, any excuse to deny coverage is the way they work now.

I hope they don't because I have an aftermarket muffler but I am pretty sure that if one breaks on me I will just go straight to shorty headers and bypass all the dealer BS anyway.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
A really crappy service department might. I would say most wouldn’t though. At least in my experience.

OP
OP
William Hastings

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would not surprise me if they did, any excuse to deny coverage is the way they work now.

I hope they don't because I have an aftermarket muffler but I am pretty sure that if one breaks on me I will just go straight to shorty headers and bypass all the dealer BS anyway.

I hear ya there, the 8yr maxcare i payed for becomes a waste tho! Money down the toilet