Exhaust on the way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Wells as soon as I get a tracking number I’ll know when to expect to have mine on. In the meantime I’m working on getting my Sport hood over for paint. That should keep me sedated while I wait for this exhaust lol.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That sounds nice, not obnoxious at all. I have the same truck, same color too. Looking for a little louder than stock but not louder inside the truck. Had drone at 1600 RPM on my ‘14 with an 18” Magnaflow and hated it, but that sounds good on the interior.

OP
OP
M

msw1382

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That sounds nice, not obnoxious at all. I have the same truck, same color too. Looking for a little louder than stock but not louder inside the truck. Had drone at 1600 RPM on my ‘14 with an 18” Magnaflow and hated it, but that sounds good on the interior.
I won’t say you will have no drone but I can honestly say I can’t hear any. It has a little rumble at low speed, wakes up as you accelerate and gets quiet a cruise. Doesn’t have that cab resignation that my 15 had with Flowmaster outlaw. By far best exhaust I’ve ever had.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Awesome feed back on the exhaust install. So I guessed after disconnecting the battery it came round.
Good job on the install.

OrionR5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I won’t say you will have no drone but I can honestly say I can’t hear any. It has a little rumble at low speed, wakes up as you accelerate and gets quiet a cruise. Doesn’t have that cab resignation that my 15 had with Flowmaster outlaw. By far best exhaust I’ve ever had.

I had a 14'' MagnaFlow muffler on my 2016 Ram Sport and I didn't like the way it sounded when MDS kicked in at low rpm. It really did sound like crap but sounded great when you stepped on the gas. Are you noticing any of this on the 2019 with the new exhaust. I'm thinking that they improved the drive ability on the new trucks. I just picked up my new truck this Saturday and its so quiet. I hardly notice when MDS kicks in. I'm just concerned that an exhaust upgrade will accentuate that awful MDS experience. I am loving this truck. What a difference between these two trucks.

OP
OP
M

msw1382

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I had a 14'' MagnaFlow muffler on my 2016 Ram Sport and I didn't like the way it sounded when MDS kicked in at low rpm. It really did sound like crap but sounded great when you stepped on the gas. Are you noticing any of this on the 2019 with the new exhaust. I'm thinking that they improved the drive ability on the new trucks. I just picked up my new truck this Saturday and its so quiet. I hardly notice when MDS kicks in. I'm just concerned that an exhaust upgrade will accentuate that awful MDS experience. I am loving this truck. What a difference between these two trucks.

Yes. That is still a thing and will be with any exhaust. It just amplifies the sound, not too much you can do there. However when compared to my 15 with the outlaw exhaust, this is a lot less noticeable. In my opinion if the sound bothers you when the MDS kicks in that bad, you should stick with the stock exhaust.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I may not have a choice as even though I paid and was told my exhaust shipped, I do not have an exhaust. Was told that Magnaflow said they have to build them and I’m looking at mid October before delivery. I declined on that and will just add my Carven tips when they arrive to my oem pipes.

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thank you for choosing Magnaflow for your truck, MSW! The positive feedback means a lot to us. We're extremely happy to hear that you are completely satisfied with new system!

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes. That is still a thing and will be with any exhaust. It just amplifies the sound, not too much you can do there. However when compared to my 15 with the outlaw exhaust, this is a lot less noticeable. In my opinion if the sound bothers you when the MDS kicks in that bad, you should stick with the stock exhaust.

Pretty much nailed it. I had the MF 14” muffler swap welded in yesterday. Good aggressive throaty tone at idle, great when accelerating, but when MDS kicks in at lower speeds (under 40 mph) it has an odd pinging resonance drone on the outside. Inside stays pretty quiet still. I think a cat back is the way to go, but I’ve also heard some sound clips of the Flowmaster Flowmax muffler that sounded REALLY good. I just like the stock dual look so much and didn’t want to change it any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoythews71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Update to my exhaust, read that if you set the gear limit to “-8”, you are still able to shift through all gears, but it won’t go into eco mode, which eliminates the drone issue. Worked fine, and I really didn’t notice a difference in my normal gas mileage, but then again, my current drive to work is only 4 miles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk