exhaust or no

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert clark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a S&B cold air intake on my 2018 ram 2500 diesel. Should I put new exhaust on it or stay with stock. (just thinking better air flow). What should i put on it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The two cans underneath your truck are your exhaust, they are more than mufflers and they have a LOT of sensors on them. Delete either one of them, or both, and you'll need programming to deal with the exhaust system codes that will arise. Also, without programming, it won't take long for your truck to go into "Limp Mode".

So you either leave it as-is or get a programmer with tunes to deal with the inevitable codes.

I did a full delete in 2017 with only 4500 miles on it at a shop in Hillsboro just up Hwy 47 from you. The stock system was throwing codes and the truck was running poorly. Several dealers looked at the truck, a couple of them even checked it out twice, and all they could do was delete the code and send me on my way. I hated having the truck quit on me 14 miles North of Nowhere so after the third time I got stranded on I-5 I decided to heck with the warranty and I had the full delete done.

Having said all that, the straight pipe deleted system I ended up with was wayyyyy too loud so I added a Corsa dB Performance muffler on the truck and it sounds really good.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hijack OP, but if i changed my muffler for lets say a carven one, itll give me errors in the dash? Asking cause i was thinking about getting the carven progressive muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk