Exhaust shopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Cole

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last night was checking out the Magnaflow MF Series dual exhaust system. This is a rear exit exhaust system that is a bolt on for Ram 1500 all bed sizes. Three inch stainless with five inch tips. Deep sound without being really really loud. There is a video on American Truck that has sound and install. Their price about $815.00. This includes muffler with hanger bars, right and left tail pipes and large five inch tips. All bolt clamps are also included. Good luck.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running borla and love it. Just paired it with moes 5 inch tips. Wife’s about to take me to pick up the truck in a bit so hoping the tips produce more sound. Borla sounds good man

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a Flowmaster American Thunder direct replacement muffler and 5in Moes stainless tips. It sounds really good to me, never noticed any drone, and its not loud and obnoxious.

Reactions: Mop

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to thread jack but running the borla pro Xs with moes 5” tips sounds sick! Picked up the truck and it sounds beastly. Might be worthy of a consideration from you

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Last night was checking out the Magnaflow MF Series dual exhaust system. This is a rear exit exhaust system that is a bolt on for Ram 1500 all bed sizes. Three inch stainless with five inch tips. Deep sound without being really really loud. There is a video on American Truck that has sound and install. Their price about $815.00. This includes muffler with hanger bars, right and left tail pipes and large five inch tips. All bolt clamps are also included. Good luck.

Whats part number was it? Did it have black or chrome tips?

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Mufflex 18 Magnaflow. I can actually hear the Hemi now. I bought it from Gauge Performance for $249. It is plug and play. I have the 18 which is moderate, gives a low rumble while cruising, louder when on the throttle. There is another Mufflex offered which is more aggressive sounding
upload_2018-10-9_19-54-46.jpeg

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a Gibson mwaa race muffler with a magnaflow y pipe and love it had the black widow widowmaker before that and it sounded great as well. The pipes violator kit sounds tough without much interior noise.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to thread jack but running the borla pro Xs with moes 5” tips sounds sick! Picked up the truck and it sounds beastly. Might be worthy of a consideration from you

This is exactly what I have....great sound and no drone. I'm about to change out to a Spintech though for a bit more sound.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone interested message me for a quote, we offer almost all the options!

Reactions: U&A

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased my truck with a flowmaster super 44 on it, moved up to a super 10, then did muffler delete, then ended up cutting the cats off, putting 7 inch tips on, and tuning it. If I were to do the final stage by itself it woulda only been around 400$ but going through all that I'm sitting at about 1k and its still not loud enough for me lmao

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Michael Cole

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats part number was it? Did it have black or chrome tips?

The chrome set up is R102404 and the black set up is R106167. The black set up is from the muffler to tips.
Go to American Truck under mufflers... large selection with fitment for type and year.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, love my truck but I want to be able to hear my HEMI a little more. I was looking for something that won’t break the bank and that I can do myself. With just a little research around here I noticed a few of you guys have a mufflex brand exhaust. Can anyone vouche for this one in particular or if anyone has another suggestion I’d love to hear it.

PS I want it to sound right, like a V8 should so if this brand sounds cheap or weak and I need to invest in a full system or different setup please be honest.
Beast way to hear and keep cost down. A single in/dual out, Flowmaster 40 series. Keeps the dual exhaust look , take out the resonators also. Sounds great, doesn't break the bank - can get whole thing done for under $150 !!!

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do what I did drop the muffler generic xpipe sounds like a monster when you get on it but pretty tame cruising. It drones a little but not bad @ 80 and this was done @ a shop for 150 bucks and a hr of time. I could have done it my self with the pipe but didn't have the time.

Reactions: U&A

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just remember that when you go aftermarket exhaust, it sounds bad when MDS kicks in.

This is my biggest concern when I go that route. :( I don't like the rattle now, most of which happens with MDS but not all. Worried with a better exhaust it'll sound like a giant baby's rattle rolling down the road.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have a feeling I’m about to be balls deep into YouTube videos while shopping for an exhaust

I'm only hair deep so far, it's a long fall. :p Looking at the Magnaflow 19200 so far but still have to listen to the one put forth on the first page here. I was thinking Black Widow but those might be too loud for my tastes.

crash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on the search for the perfect exhaust note as well, for my 15 longhorn. at one point back in the early 2000's I had (IMHO) thee BEST sounding muffler for the 4.7L dakota .. this was my 4.7L with a single in/dual out Ravin Z33 muffler and over the axle rear exit tail pipes.

I've had plenty of vehicles with plenty of exhausts.. this was the one that people would flag me down (not just Dodge truck owners but, GM and Ford owners and muscle car owners too) just to ask what exhaust setup I had.

this is the sweet tone that is magic to my ears that I would like on my Longhorn.

in the cab there was very little drone except around 85 - 90 KMH. less than that there was none and above that there was none. they were deeper sounding bit snappier than the horrible old flowmasters (barky and annoying like a dog with bronchitis) LOL ;)

I was soooo sad when Midas sold off the Ravin brand and their design was just dropped by whomever purchased them.

I'm alllll ears if anyone has heard a muffler only or full cat back system that sounds close to this on the Hemi Ram ... mmmm.. I sooo miss it.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is my biggest concern when I go that route. :( I don't like the rattle now, most of which happens with MDS but not all. Worried with a better exhaust it'll sound like a giant baby's rattle rolling down the road.
Turn off MDS. Sounds like ass with stock or my Corsa .

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Turn off MDS. Sounds like ass with stock or my Corsa .

Yeah, started doing that more. Just annoying having to remember to do it once in Drive every time. Unless it can be programmed, but have to wait for a programmer.