Exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I am looking for opinions for exhaust. My current exhaust set up on my 2005 dodge ram 1500 5.7 is no cats, 3 inch x-pipe, and 2 borla x-r1 mufflers. It sounds good but I want something a little more aggressive and louder. I was thinking about taking the x-pipe off and putting 2 flow-master super 10's in the place of the borla x-r1's. Thoughts or suggestions? Any comments would be helpful.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would leave the X-Pipe in place and go with a different pair of mufflers. The Flowmaster Super 10's sounds pretty good and are a really aggressive sound.

I have a pair of Dynomax Race Magnum Bullet mufflers on one of my 5.7 trucks and they are definitely loud.

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would leave the X-Pipe in place and go with a different pair of mufflers. The Flowmaster Super 10's sounds pretty good and are a really aggressive sound.

I have a pair of Dynomax Race Magnum Bullet mufflers on one of my 5.7 trucks and they are definitely loud.

Do you have a clip of it?

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if I do but let me look .I have several hundred videos of different exhaust and muffler setups.
Well I took your advice and I’m getting 2 super 10’s put on in the place of the norms mufflers as we speak

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I took your advice and I’m getting 2 super 10’s put on in the place of the norms mufflers as we speak
I think you will like the aggressive sound of the Super 10's. They sound great in the lower RPM ranges and I love how they scream at higher engine RPM.

Once you get them on the truck post up a video of your exhaust setup. I always like hearing other truck guys exhaust.

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you will like the aggressive sound of the Super 10's. They sound great in the lower RPM ranges and I love how they scream at higher engine RPM.

Once you get them on the truck post up a video of your exhaust setup. I always like hearing other truck guys exhaust.

It sounds nice and it's louder but its super raspy. Is there a way to get rid of the rasp? or should i just leave it?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It sounds nice and it's louder but its super raspy. Is there a way to get rid of the rasp? or should i just leave it?
To help with the raspiness you can use a glass pack or another type of resonator at the outlet of each muffler. There is something about the 5.7 HEMI and a pair of true dual Flowmaster mufflers hanging out back. That raspy sound is awesome but it can get out of hand sometimes even though I love it. I would pick up a cheap glass pack and put on the outlet to cut down on the sound a hair.

I see guys selling the factory resonators from the 4th Gen trucks on Craigslist all the time and some that are giving them away. What I normally do I hit my local exhaust shop to see what they have removed from other vehicles to see if they have stuff I can use.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To help with the raspiness you can use a glass pack or another type of resonator at the outlet of each muffler. There is something about the 5.7 HEMI and a pair of true dual Flowmaster mufflers hanging out back. That raspy sound is awesome but it can get out of hand sometimes even though I love it. I would pick up a cheap glass pack and put on the outlet to cut down on the sound a hair.

I see guys selling the factory resonators from the 4th Gen trucks on Craigslist all the time and some that are giving them away. What I normally do I hit my local exhaust shop to see what they have removed from other vehicles to see if they have stuff I can use.

Can you recommend A glass pack? Or just any kind will do fine?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use a local muffler shop to purchase mine from. I use a basic glasspack as a resonator to quiet down the raspy sound. With the short design of the Super 10's it leave room for almost any size resonator/glass pack.

If you want to order something take a look at the Jegs brand bullet mufflers. Summit has comparable prices too and may ship faster. Check Amazon for pricing too.

This link is to a Jegs brand bullet muffler that I have used plenty of times..

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/30291/10002/-1

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a local muffler shop to purchase mine from. I use a basic glasspack as a resonator to quiet down the raspy sound. With the short design of the Super 10's it leave room for almost any size resonator/glass pack.

If you want to order something take a look at the Jegs brand bullet mufflers. Summit has comparable prices too and may ship faster. Check Amazon for pricing too.

So I should use the jegs muffler in the link that you gave me after the super 10’s as a resonator to stop the rasp?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I should use the jegs muffler in the link that you gave me after the super 10’s as a resonator to stop the rasp?
Yes, I have used the Jegs brand several times before and they are a great price too.

OP
OP
Walke405

Walke405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I have used the Jegs brand several times before and they are a great price too.
I finally got two “resonators” I picked up 2 12 inch cherry bombs and used them as resonators and it is actually not that bad, it still has a little rasp but it’s no where near as bad as it was

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I finally got two “resonators” I picked up 2 12 inch cherry bombs and used them as resonators and it is actually not that bad, it still has a little rasp but it’s no where near as bad as it was
In my experience with glass packs as "resonators", some were able to reduce the rasp and some have been able to completely remove the rasp.

I personally don't mind an obnoxious amount of rasp but I do like the sound with the resonators in place.

Post up a YouTube video with your exhaust. I'd like to hear a couple raps of the throttle and some WOT pulls. Haha. Music to my ears!

Jdrake73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
New to this forum. Anyone know if short tube headers can be installed on a 08 2500? Ive read that shorty's cannot be installed due to clearance issues. AND have read you can. Anyone know for sure?