Experience with Spyder 5030078 headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
You use them HID's, huh. I don't think I'm quite ready to take the dive on trying them so, I'll just make up my mind on either the regular ole Silverstar Ultras or Sylvania's new ones, the Silverstar ZXE's that Sylvania claims to be the best at rivaling full-on HID bulbs. They ain't cheap, 'bout 60 bucks a pair. Lol.

c91097df492a78ee3f42f1560291db00.jpg

Yeah, that's what I figured, they wanna sell their products as complete, "plug and play" units but they don't wanna increase their cost of manufacturing with anything other than the cheapest of the cheap headlight bulbs.

Yeah, I'll be sure to verify with a test light to make sure that the black wire is in fact chassis ground and the blue wire is the power wire.

you cant beat a HID in a projector for lighting lol

if you get the CCFL ones, make sure you get it right the first time, the CCFL controller isnt forgiving to being hooked up backwards, it will blow and not work at all and then you are left without halos on that light and having to buy a new inverter

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wana see something funny, i did a halogen test from cheap ebay bulbs to basic oem ones, check this out

This is a standard 4th gen headlight beam with your standard issue oem bulb

1da11e20ca0d26e2490c890f18541898.jpg

Here is your cheap ebay halogen bulb in the same headlight, and yes its installed correctly, so when people say aftermarket lights suck with "upgraded" bulbs, this is probably what they did, the probably got on ebay and found some halogen bulbs that have a very misleading label.

a641ee23456465d8115a352265449329.jpg

Yeah, I'm gettin to be really leary of buyin **** on eBay especially after my mom found out the hard way that she had bought a phony Samsung SD card for her S5 when it started causing problems and messing up her pictures. Lol. I convinced her to buy a new card from Walmart and even showed her that there were visible labeling differences on each card that made her old one look like a fake and her new one look a whole lot more quality made.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you cant beat a HID in a projector for lighting lol

I'll try them someday...[emoji41]

Even in factory lighting, I've always been happy with the Silverstar Ultras and even the regular ole Silverstars I used to run. The only thing I wasn't crazy about with them was that they don't last for **** cuz they burn out quicker.....lol.

if you get the CCFL ones, make sure you get it right the first time, the CCFL controller isnt forgiving to being hooked up backwards, it will blow and not work at all and then you are left without halos on that light and having to buy a new inverter

Don't wanna do that...

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I decided to go all out since I was buyin' headlights so, I decided to take the plunge and get new taillights and a third brake light to make it all match. Primarily to get rid of them wannabe Chibby-lookin' taillights they put on the 07's and 08's...lol.

Thanks for all the help, fellers.
a27cf8c49bd078d64cacfb01f3fa8158.jpgfede173d4134117898487ed46d9eb27f.jpg

pavementprincess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Magnum
How did everything work out so far? I'm looking at buying Anzo headlights (810169022863) or (846959036550)? I'm mainly concerned about night visibility????

ML Jackson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the best plug and play projectors you can get, they adjust easy and work pretty well, and when i say they adjust easy i mean just like OEM, no removing the light, turning a screw hoping its the right amount

bc9f6cc640effb6a59427674edb5d6d9.jpg

They come in chrome and black, also have the option for LED or CCFL halos, CCFL obviously being brighter.

The CCFL ones cost around $200 and the LED ones cost around $150

Here is the brightness comparison

19856abc5692bd256eb6e04526bebb6a.jpg

I personally like the way they look at night, in my opinion with the fit and function of them are could be mistake for an OEM upgraded headlight

03a838f1e57f87b146563ddf02e6aae3.jpg

If you are curious about any other 3rd gen lights let me know, ive owned em all... lol

The Pope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So still happy? I have $200 for a headlight upgrade, what do ya do?

chazwel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are the best plug and play projectors you can get, they adjust easy and work pretty well, and when i say they adjust easy i mean just like OEM, no removing the light, turning a screw hoping its the right amount

View attachment 384659

They come in chrome and black, also have the option for LED or CCFL halos, CCFL obviously being brighter.

The CCFL ones cost around $200 and the LED ones cost around $150

Here is the brightness comparison

View attachment 384660

I personally like the way they look at night, in my opinion with the fit and function of them are could be mistake for an OEM upgraded headlight

View attachment 384661

If you are curious about any other 3rd gen lights let me know, ive owned em all... lol

I am looking to upgrade my ordinal headlight assembly. these look good but this post is 4 years old. Dam. I will keep reading to find an updated post. if you have bought some recently please share if you like them or not. Thanks.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my ordinal headlight assembly. these look good but this post is 4 years old. Dam. I will keep reading to find an updated post. if you have bought some recently please share if you like them or not. Thanks.
The Demon Hemi dude hasn’t been seen in two years but Cornelius is still an active member so I’m sure he’ll get back to you pretty quick.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did everything work out so far? I'm looking at buying Anzo headlights (810169022863) or (846959036550)? I'm mainly concerned about night visibility????
Sorry it’s been so long getting back to your post but I just now saw that there was one. I guess the new reply notification for this thread ain’t working or something but yeah, everything worked out really nice except for the fact that I ended up having to buy me one of those brite box kits that allows you to modify your headlight system so that your low beams stay on with your high beams because my only complaint about those headlights was the high beams weren’t worth a crap. It was how they had the lenses set up because when just the high beams were on, it’s like you took a really bright flashlight and duck taped it to the center of the hood. They put a lot of light down the road but there was no scatter of the light towards the edges of the road at all so, hooking up that brite box made my low beams stay on with the high beams and it helped out tremendously.

I had great highbeam light for going down the road and then my lowbeams staying on did their job really well of illuminating the sides of the highway.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So still happy? I have $200 for a headlight upgrade, what do ya do?
I sold the truck in March 2018 that those lights were bought for but when I still had it, I loved them a lot. Like I told the other guy, after modifying the headlight system so that the low beams stayed on with the high beams, they worked fantastic. I even got a little creative with the white LEDs and with the CCFL‘s to where I made those like a factory vehicle where they came on during the day and stayed on with the headlights by using a regular ole five pin, I think it was, relay and had the power tap tapped into a circuit in the fuse block that was only powered when the ignition was on. I even upgraded the turn signal bulbs to LED so what was left was a pretty nice set up in my opinion.