Experiences with 2022+ Classic and 8.4" UConnect5 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if anyone here has had any experience with the 8.4" Uconnect 5 units in the 2022+ classic (I think at least a few people on here have em :) )

Any problems? Is the wireless CarPlay/Android Auto good and stable? Overall satisfied with it?

Considering one, but am a little weary (current truck has a rock solid RA4 8.4" unit, but no AA or CarPlay gets a bit annoying)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well first is I don't think they have a fix yet for the 5's issues with station presets and such.if they do its been very recently.the problem I had was getting the factory voice commands to work.didn't see anything in alpha obd to help.i could have missed something though.i absolutely hated the lay out of the uconnect 5 vs the 4 though.it reminded me of a ford synch 3.i hated it so much it would be a deal breaker if a new truck had it.i am middle age now so it could be me and new stuff.

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well first is I don't think they have a fix yet for the 5's issues with station presets and such.if they do its been very recently.the problem I had was getting the factory voice commands to work.didn't see anything in alpha obd to help.i could have missed something though.i absolutely hated the lay out of the uconnect 5 vs the 4 though.it reminded me of a ford synch 3.i hated it so much it would be a deal breaker if a new truck had it.i am middle age now so it could be me and new stuff.

What s/w version on the head unit?

Over on HD rams forums someone said the latest s/w update fixed their issues (a few months so far without the presets resetting)

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I understand, I personally think the UConnect 4 interface is the best car infotainment system I have ever used although I have no experience with the 5.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I recommend you stay as far away from UConnect 5 as you can. We received our truck in June and have two radios; original replaced because it was faulty. The second radio is worse than the first and the dealership refuses to do anything about it because "there is an update coming out in the next quarter or two that will fix it". You will have a reduction in your monetary account but the frustration level from dealing with the dealerships (two for me) and knowing that the warranty is just a written words will cause your anxiety level to increase more than a political convention. Don't expect Ramcares to help you any; what you receive is calls of condolences from youngsters but no working product. I have put over 1500 miles on my truck with trips for evaluation, diagnostics and "repairs". Some have working radios but many don't. Your money and your choice.

Other than the radio, the truck is fantastic.

Ramisgood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yesterday, I took the truck in for the diagnostic. Of course it was working fine as it usually does when full warmed up and it was a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. They charged me $180 for the diagnostic but dropped it $20 after I complained about what was going on. I was told the radio was 4 updates behind even though the Connect site says it's up to date. They wanted an additional $360 to write the program to update it. Additionally, I was told that every 4 year old radio has to come in for this.

Two Rams; 2 nonfunctional radios. A warranty on the new truck that is ignored. I wouldn't recommend any product with the UConnect radios; what a rip off!!!!