Extended Warranty.....anyone buy from Mopar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldmako

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi, non eTorque
I am coming up on three months with the truck. So far, so good. I am chewing on buying the extended warranty. I think its about 3300 bucks or so depending on which variant I choose.

Are you folks buying them? Why or why not?

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely Don’t buy from the dealer. I bought one 7yr/100k miles on top of the mileage when I bought the truck. Free towing and rentals. $2100 no deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I got the lifetime Maxcare warranty on my 2018 Laramie for $2900 from Chrysler Warranty Direct. Others have used/recommended Zeigler and sense to be comparable on price.

Edit:
I've put 26k miles on my truck in 18 mod. I knew I'd be out of warranty quick so it was with it to me for something I'll keep for 6-10 yrs or longer.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think all of the online places end up similar in price, provided you find the discount codes (which arent very secret but they dont just hand them out :) )

I got my $100.00 deductible Lifetime MaxCare in March of 2018 for $2665 from ChryslerFactoryPlans (Zeigler)

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Perhaps you should be asking: "Who didn't purchase a Mopar extended warranty and was the savings worth all the hassles and/or denied claims?" Yes, I've heard a number of complaints about aftermarket warranties but rarely about Mopar extended warranties. Granted, neither are worth a darn if one abuses the hell out of their truck but if you maintain them and don't abuse them I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who was denied a sensible claim on the Mopar extended warranty.

And yes, I purchased both of mine (my 2018 and my 2019) both from Zeigler and have never had an issue. IMHO its a great insurance policy for my truck as well as the one my daughter-in-law drives...any issues, straight to the dealer and we don't have to worry about a third party denying the claim.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've bought 2 Mopar warranties, never an issue. As far as I know Mopar warranties are pro rated.....you get a reduced refund depending on time lapsed.
I bought the additional 4 year 40K warranty for about 1500.00 Full refund at end of term if no claims. How could I go wrong? Don't go through the dealer!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I never buy any added warranty or add-ons from the dealer. none in my 50+ years of buying new vehicles every 4 or 5 years. never had any problems that werent covered by factory. after I shop price and negotiate with the dealer I dont want to start adding back on to the total. I usually tell their "business mgr." at the end that I dont want to hear any deals just let me sign the papers and get on out of there. I know folks in the car business and anything they sell you after the fact is big profit for them and usually some kind of rip-off for you.

Irish.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 trademans upgrade
Engine
yup brought mine thru right from Mopar not dealer. I did in three month later after I brought the truck.. Was doing my homework if worth it or not. 7 yrs/100k deal. Since I learned the hard way from GMC truck I had.
the nice thing of this plan if never use.. refunded back.

Txkenpo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 TD
Isn’t powertrain covered 5-100,000 so going by Chrysler Direct 125k miles for $1600 only 25k added ?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yup brought mine thru right from Mopar not dealer. I did in three month later after I brought the truck.. Was doing my homework if worth it or not. 7 yrs/100k deal. Since I learned the hard way from GMC truck I had.
the nice thing of this plan if never use.. refunded back.

For that style of ownership I don't see the point in buying them either. I get rid of them every 2-3 years and get them almost new so obviously it would be wasted money for me. However, if I was going to buy a Ram for 5-10 years, I would have to consider them at that point. My last Ram had under 60k on it and was about to start costing me money, so off it went.

Irish.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 trademans upgrade
Engine
For that style of ownership I don't see the point in buying them either. I get rid of them every 2-3 years and get them almost new so obviously it would be wasted money for me. However, if I was going to buy a Ram for 5-10 years, I would have to consider them at that point. My last Ram had under 60k on it and was about to start costing me money, so off it went.
everyone is differnt.. I am due to retire in 6 yrs.. I want my truck to last 6 yrs then buy a new one before I retire.. truck are pricey these days.. if you got the money to spend fine. I dont have money that grows on tree.. even I have a good paying job still it wipes your butt on the cost of buying every three years. I done this for the past 21 yrs due to a job that require alot of travel time. it got to a point where truck get more pricey and my time getting short on the job..

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I've put 26k miles on my 2018 Laramie in 18 mos. I knew I'd be out of warranty quick so it was worth it to me for something I'll keep for 6-10 yrs or longer (lifetime Maxcare).

M² Mods.