Extended Warranty- Buy or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you buy Mopar or some aftermarket brand? Know of a person who has a Mopar life time on his Eco diesel it has paid out more in repairs then the truck is worth...

AFAIK, the warranties available to Canadian consumers are completely different from FCA US.

Unless I was misinformed at the dealer, the longest Mopar warranty for my truck was a 5-year, 100,000 KM with no deductible.

It seems like FCA sees miles as equivalent to kilometres, like with the oil life meter. :rolleyes:

tangocash001

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 eco diesel
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Did you buy Mopar or some aftermarket brand? Know of a person who has a Mopar life time on his Eco diesel it has paid out more in repairs then the truck is worth...
After market brand. Didn't do my research I guess. I did see the 4000 max payout per claim, but didn't realize the reality of my entire engine going so fast and the cost that would become.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i bought the platinum warranty...kinda glad i did...bought our leased 2020 Limited Night Edition and it only had 18,000 miles. Interest rates dictated not leasing another, so we bought it outright...with the Platinum Warranty.

Last edited: