Extended Warranty- Buy or Not

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I always buy the extended warranty.
As few people posted above. They don't buy, never had a problem.
Then you do. All costs and/or time is on you.
I also do it, because I often don't keep things for long, and purchase new again.
resale value of car/truck with extend warranty has always paid off.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am on the fence about buying an extended warranty for my '22 Eco. Generally speaking, I don't buy them. 99% of the time it doesn't pay.
The question of the payback of an extended service contract, like MaxCare, is dependent on how long you own your vehicle past its original factory warranty and the content level of the vehicle. The last three new RAMs I bought, I bought with a MaxCare service contract for the full 8 years, the maximum you can get for a diesel powertrain.

I had to use MaxCare once on my 2015 3500 when the rear air leveling system went out. The repair cost was almost equal to the cost of the MaxCare plan. I still own this truck and it is still under MaxCare coverage.

I also had to use MaxCare on my 2013 when the body control module had to be replaced. That was a $2,400 repair and more than I paid for the service plan. I ran this truck for 9 years.

My 2022 has been issue free and I will be thrilled if it says this way but if it doesn't, I have MaxCare to fall back on.

The other issue is the cost of the MaxCare plan, we all know the wide price range. Buying one online or having your dealer match an online price is the way to do it.