extended warranty cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anybody know what warranty company allows mods. Nothing crazy just exhaust and radio

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you have your mods, including lifts and some other fairly major changes, done by the Chrysler Dealership your warranty will remian in place through Mopar, and on their extended ones. The Dealership will tell you which ones they can't do and maintain warranty coverage. At least that is the way it works here in Alberta.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anybody know what warranty company allows mods. Nothing crazy just exhaust and radio
if those are your only mods than all that would be affected would be your exhaust and radio...your tranny or engine etc would not be affected. no put 40's tires on and jack it 12" they would most likely nix any drivetrain warranty as those mods would put excessive strain on the DT.

KATfishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got a plan through Endurance. 100k and 7 or 8 years.
I just purchased an Endurance Preferred plan, comprehensive w/$100 deductible for 100k and 5 years. How has it been so far for you. Are they good to work with?

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Zeigler for Ram Factory Warrantys. Use promo code "payinfull" for great discount. They have several options and you would probably look for one with long term but lower miles.

wriver82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got the Ziegler price, 8 year 85000 for 1510. My dealer matched it to my surprise. 100 deductible

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those not aware. I got back $1500 on my unused warranty when I traded in my 2017.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Don't buy at the dealership buy on line through FCA or other reputable source I just found out the 6 year bumper to bumper warranty I bought was only oil changes and tire rotations, glad I never needed to use it !!!
Enough bad experiences will tarnish any corporate enterprise you can’t have con men selling products and services and expect to stay in business.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just purchased an Endurance Preferred plan, comprehensive w/$100 deductible for 100k and 5 years. How has it been so far for you. Are they good to work with?
Never used them. Just bought the plan with my 2018 RAM and rolled it over to my 2021 RAM. I read that Endurance was a good plan.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Just bought the extended MOPAR FCA extended bumper to bumper plan. Plan 419, gives me 7 years 115,000 Klms ( vehicle does about 12,000 a year), including roadside assistance, tows,, winching etc, for $2,800 Canadian. Same price exactly as it was when I bought the Jeep new.

It covers a 2020 Jeep Summit that has 23,000 klms on it and has been in service just about exactly 2 years. Standard warranty is 3 years 60,000 and 5 years 100,000 on power train, so effectively paying $2,800 to cover non-power train issues, like electronics, air suspension etc. First time buying extended warranty, so will keep close track and see if this pays off. My incentive is this is the first time I ever owned a North American vehicle with so much technology on it, and the air suspension. I do know that the replacement of the radio to fix the GPS would have been an $1,100 touch if it hadn't been on warranty. So far that is the only repair but it doesn't seem to take much to burn a couple of grand on one of these Grand Cherokees..

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do any of you know of a volume place like Zeigler that those of us in Canada can buy from. The 7 year 60,000 miles Mopar warranty is $2,895 up here, so even factoring in exchange, a lot more than the U.S. price..
Bought mine through Ziegler. 8 yr/85,000 miles, $1,725.00. Just remember, on these (8) years, they go back to the original date U took possession of the truck, NOT the DATE U get yer policy. So a 8 nyear in all reality is a (5) year warranty/. Got through Ziegler, was best price I could find (Full Maxare).

KATfishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Never used them. Just bought the plan with my 2018 RAM and rolled it over to my 2021 RAM. I read that Endurance was a good plan.
I declined the dealer offer for another third party warranty (just powertrain) at time of sale. Decided a week later to go for the Endurance Advantage Preferred plan. Still mixed given it's price tag, but it'll only take one costly item to soothe that feeling... then again, if it's never used... peace of mind, right?

OP
OP
P

Phil DeRochi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
E torque 5.7 gas
just for a reference as to pricing on a Ziegler 7 yr. 60,000 mile Maximum Care warranty, i purchased in December. $100.00 deductible, it was over $1300 but when i put payinfull in coupon code i was able to buy for $990.00 ; this is also transferable to new owner if one sells their vehicle.the cost of most repairs would likely be more than the cost of the warranty. Peace of mind, with the air suspension and technology packages on these trucks, is achieved by buying this warranty if u plan on keeping vehicle past the original warranty.

Splattered23

Reaction score
Haven't bought a new vehicle since 2015 (2013 F150 FX4) and i am considering buying a 2022 Laramie with the Southwest package because i want the power running boards and recovery hooks. What does the Ziegler Max Care warranty cover? Is it literally bumper to bumper including sun roof issues? Seems like most warranties try to get out of covering water issues related to sun roofs. Do i request Ziegler from the Dealership at time of purchase or am i able to purchase after i leave the lot? (Sorry if this is a silly question heh). The one i like here locally sell them with their own warranties that make you go to THEIR dealerships and they are overpriced and don't cover everything.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
From what I understand Ziegler is selling factory MOPAR/FCA extended warranties, just at a much better price than your local dealer. When I checked their warranties only apply to U.S. buyers/vehicles. My dealer ended up giving me a decent deal on a 7 year 80,000 mile Bumper to Bumper, no deductible, Mopar extended warranty on the Cherokee so I bought from him. We unfortunately don't have the equivalent to Ziegler here in Canada.

Splattered23

Reaction score
Right on... i am definitely curious about what ALL these warranties cover as we've had extended warranties in the past that wouldn't touch anything related to sun roof issues and the Laramie i'm considering has the dual panel sun roof.