Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2015 5.7 with 115k miles on it. I've got a couple years to pay on it..normally would have traded in by now. But I think I'm going to see how far the truck will take me.

Currently there is no warranty on the vehicle.

Just curious are there reputable warranty plans I can buy at this point in the trucks life ? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
You might look at the warranties offered directly by FCA.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Lots of discussion on this topic in different threads, you might want to search some out. You will find people for and against them. I am personally in the latter group, having worked in insurance underwriting I view them as money makers for the companies. You will end up paying a lot of money which could towards any repairs. They calculate the average amount and incidence of repairs and then add a percentage on top, you have to then guess if you will be a good deal above average in "covered" repairs. Good luck.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its doubtful you'll be able to get any kind of warranty from Ma Mopar with that many miles on the clock. When I bought my wife's new Jeep back in Sept. I had plans to put a Mopar warranty on it but after refinancing it with the CU their prices on warranty's were so cheap; paid $1200 for a 7/100K, $100 deductible Platinum warranty I decided to give it a try although I've never recommended an aftermarket warranty to anyone else generally but with your high mileage that maybe your best chance so check with the bank.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The longest warranty that Chrysler offers now is 8 years 120000 miles. Doubtful Chrysler has any warranty for the op.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Part of it is luck, part of it is how you treat your truck. I've got the same truck, a 2015 Big Horn with about 106k miles. Chrysler gave me an extended warranty after some initial issues that had me spooked back in 2015. That 100k mile warranty is gone and was never used. At this point now that the truck is paid off, I just put that money into my "Auto" fund in my savings account. Any repairs will get paid out of there and it's the seed money for my next truck, which will be whenever the repair costs on this truck start to outpace the cost of a new vehicle.

The key is discipline. If you can't trust yourself to save the money away then get a warranty. You're basically asking them to hold your money for you in case something happens. The cost is that if not needed, they get to keep your money. If you put it into your savings account, that money would be there for your next truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01