Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IT depends on a couple of things.

IF your Ram was a certified pre-owned Ram then, yes it starts from original in service date (date originally sold - not built).
BUT CPO's come with a 7/100k powertrain warranty free when you bought the truck - so I would confirm that this coverage is in effect AND an extended MOPAR service agreement will cost less than if it wasn't a CPO - I would rec. the MaxCare plan.

IF your Ram was a "used" truck and not a "certified Pre-owned" then the Mopar extended agreement is for a used vehicle and would start at the day/miles that you purchased the truck at - but there may be a time limit on which you can purchase a used policy from the day you bought it.

Ill have to check with the dealer I got it from, It was a dealer demo when I bought it so I was technically the first owner. On the other hand I just contacted the dealer on a 2021 ram they have in transit so this may not be a issue in a few weeks HAHA

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just checking to make sure I have the correct info on the FCA Max plans. If your vehicle is down in excess of 24 hrs you would be entitled to a rental / loaner? I'm wondering because with the current chip shortage posing potential extended down times, my only alternate transportation is my motorcycle and that could be a problem.

Theoretically, yes but my experience has been that they don't always honor that part of it. I've never pushed it since I have another vehicle I can and would rather drive. If I remember correctly, there's some minimal amount of money per day worth of a rental so you might be able to get a Chevy Speck or whatever the latest clown car is.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL.
There is a difference, the product that Broadway Joe sells is misleading, i will not call it a scam. BUT
Once you sign up for that insurance, most times you lose what the government provides.
Also you don't keep your preferred Dr. unless they are on the Insurance companies list

If you check the Carshield reviews & other sites
They seem pretty straight foward
There are in the top 5 of recommended aftermarket warranty companies

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been pondering getting an extended warranty, but it looks like it will only go to 125k miles. Realistically, what could go wrong within that time that I couldn't fix myself for less than the warranty?
If it starts ticking, a cam and lifter swap would be cheap and easy. Exhaust Manifold bolts would also be cheap to fix and replace.
What problems could happen that wouldn't show up within the first 36k miles under the original warranty?

Larry Wald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't waste your money. The only warranty that was ever worth buying was the Chrysler Factory Lifetime Warranty which they stopped offering. Put the money you would spend into a savings account.

exilepa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I bought my 2019 1500 Classic I did not purchase an extended warranty because I seldom keep a vehicle long enough for the factory warranty to expire. However, I think I'm going to try and keep this one because, well, I'm sick of truck payments. Have any of you purchased an extended warranty after the fact? Which did you purchase? How much was it?
I'm still pretty new to these forums (long time lurker). However, on one of the Jeep forums I'm a member of -- Tom Winkles, [email protected] from a dealership in Michigan was recommended and he was cheaper than any other places when I purchased an extended warranty for my Jeep and was also the cheapest for my Ram as well.

Send him the following info below and he'll e-mail back a quote pretty quickly;
"Please reply with your VIN and current mileage, what mileage plan you're looking for and what deductible on the plan so I can send you the correct menu of Mopar plan options, thanks again!"

Scott DeRosa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When I purchased my 2016 Power Wagon I purchased the life time bumper to bumper warranty. I did that since I kept my 2001 Ram Off Road until 2016 so I thought it would be worth it.

lipidboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was fortunate to be able to purchase the unlimited mileage lifetime FCA warranty when I bought my 2015 Ram 1500 single cab short bed Hemi. I have decided not to purchase any extended warranty on my 2019 Durango R/T but will budget emergency funds for repairs. Not selling my Ram! My daughter is co-owner of my Ram in case the truck outlives me (and it might!)

sleboom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Extended warranties are never worth what you pay for them unless you would have a catastrophic engine failure. There are way too many loopholes in these warranties that the corrupt auto makers will use to avoid not paying for repairs.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my 2019 1500 Classic I did not purchase an extended warranty because I seldom keep a vehicle long enough for the factory warranty to expire. However, I think I'm going to try and keep this one because, well, I'm sick of truck payments. Have any of you purchased an extended warranty after the fact? Which did you purchase? How much was it?
just go to the MOPAR Service Protection website, ou can buy it there. Price depends on what you wish to purchase. It'll take 5 minutes to get signed up.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Extended warranties are never worth what you pay for them unless you would have a catastrophic engine failure. There are way too many loopholes in these warranties that the corrupt auto makers will use to avoid not paying for repairs.
Disagree. Have had full use of each of the service contract - MOPAR - that I have had. They ae worth it IF you plan on keeping your vehicle. No matter who makes something, some part will break sooner or later. Those who don't think the plan is worth buying then probably do not keep them long enough to benefit the plan, or do NOT keep up the maintenance and get rejected for a claim on some broken thingy.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Crew Cab 4x4 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
You can still buy the Mopar Extended Warranty as long as the Factory Warranty is still valid
So i bought the Mopar Extended Warranty just before my Ram had turned 36,000 miles on it.
At that time the factory warranty was 36,000 miles or 36 months.

Now pay attention :

Only buy a Mopar Extended Warranty
Do NOT buy a dealership special warranty

The dealership warranty is only good for just your State & maybe a few surrounding States

The Mopar Extended Warranty is good at any FCA/Stellantis dealership in Mexico, Canada & the USA

Your dealership's price on the Mopar Extended Warranty, can usually be beat
after getting your dealership best price, check out this site & others like it

https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/about/faqs.aspx

Did this on our Certified Preowned 2018 RAM 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4. It's our tow vehicle for a small trailer plus general pick em up truck. Recently retired, too old (and lazy) to be rolling around underneath. Also current vehicles are FEROCIOUSLY complex - just spent 20 years as a computer repair tech and know from complex...

Robert Romahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Robert Romahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the extended warranty on both my Dodge trucks got it through Mopar themselves very inexpensive compared to other companies and cover everything But normal wear and tear items

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since 2015 I have had 5 brand new chrysler products. 4 Rams and a Pacifica. Here in north east Florida the dealerships are an embarrassment and every single visit for service or warranty end in utter disappointment. So what's a warranty worth if the techs are incompetent in the product they are servicing? To me, nothing. I also had a bad experience with the all new 2019 5th gen Ram. So bad, I traded for a classic Ram. I think that 5th gen Ram is up to 23 federally mandated recalls now.
Ask yourself, is my dealership worthy of my business? If so, maybe a warranty is a good idea. However, if you are already having issues with your local dealership than I wouldn't go down that road.

GeoffreyXE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you never visited your local dealer, I would suggest getting your oil changed there and see how they perform.

My local dealer does an oil change like the local zoo. Its a chaotic mad house of a dozen people running around! My second visit with my new 2015 Ram they didn't perform the oil change and returned the truck to me. Always check to see if it's new oil in your engine.

Knotayot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a extended warranty for my 2021 Ram 1500 limited for 3,200.00 during the the purchase of the truck. About 45 days from purchase I got a call from the dealership to bring it in for a free safety check. I live over 2 hours from the dealers but I was told it was a very complete check up and worth the drive. I made the drive only to be completely disappointed about the safety check, turns out I could have done what they did in about 5 minutes. For example while on the phone with them they said they would check the brakes for any defects, turns out all they do is look at the rotors through the wheels without taking them off, so you get the idea. But that was not all, I mistakenly thought that after paying 64k plus for the truck I would be treated with courtesy when I bring the truck to the service dept. Both service advisors were rude to me and not helpful at all. I left the service department so disappointed in the experience of my first visit to the service dept. The next day I received my contract for the extended warranty, read it and realized that it won’t cover me in the way the dealership described so between that and the way I was treated at the service dept. I decided to cancel for a full refund.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello friends, just my opinion on this, everyone has different needs and ideas.
Several things I might mention to you.
I bought a lifetime warranty on my vehicles at the time. I don’t believe they have them anymore. Only 7 years now. I made sure to ask questions. With most warranties, if the vehicle repair is more than the vehicle, they only give you the blue book value of the vehicle, they do not repair it. Be aware of that.
Also you might like to consider, my insurance offers road maintenance repair service for $10 a month and a $250 deductible anywhere I want, including the Ram dealer. Meaning for an example, if I use my insurance to repair a $9000 transmission (less than the 7 year warranty expires) I only pay $250. There is no blue book value repair on the insurance road maintenance services. Many insurances have the same type of maintenance repair, if you ask.
Always try and talk them down for a bumper to bumper factory warranty. Usually they cost the dealer around $1500. You can get it usually for what they first offer. Or buy one from someplace else.
I like the warranty for two reasons, peace of mind and I keep vehicles for a very long time.
Again, everyone has different thoughts .
Good luck

Last edited: