Exterior running board lights randomly illuminate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenrrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 Ram 1500 with AMP Research retractable running boards. Ive noticed the LED lights which illuminate the steps when the doors are opened are randomly turning on even when the truck is parked and turned off. There’s no predictability as to when this occurs, it seems to be random.

Does anyone know which fuse I should pull to disconnect these lights until I can get my electronics evaluated?

mdricko

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, V8
NO HELP BUT, Did you install them by any chance? I have some that i need to connect, i have the weston lighted boards and currently just have the cabling zip ******* tight till i can figure out where to connect in to.

OP
OP
K

Kenrrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mdricko - I purchased the vehicle used and it already had AMP Research retractable steps and the lights installed. I may just call an AMP Research dealer / installer to have them look at it. Have a good one.

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My guess is that they have to be on an ACC fuse. If they are not a factory install, the wire to the lights should not be in a harness. Can you follow the wire to the fuse block? Other option is to see if you can get the lights to stay on with your door open in your driveway, and start pulling fuses until they turn off