Exterior window water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can vouch personally for:

Works very well, and very easy to use.

DodgeDude1999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Then you didn’t try white vinegar.

Whenever it rains and the water dries on the glass I have to clean the glass with it.

You don’t need any of the other stuff or products listed. Wash the glass with glass cleaner to remove the dirt, wet a paper towel with the vinegar and wipe the glass, wash it again with the glass cleaner. My coworkers brother owns a detail shop & recommended this and it works great.

I get it so bad sometimes it’s hard to see out the windshield.

JC4041

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used glass cooktop cleaner on my 09 windows. Truck was getting hit twice a day with sprinklers while I was deployed.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Invisible Glass brand glass stripper worked for me. $10 at most auto parts stores.

Ironhead3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
Have a used 2018 1500 and ever since I got it a few months back I cannot get the water spots off of the exterior windows. Has anyone had this issue and if so have you been able to fix it?
Meguiars Water Spot Remover works great - does just what it says, and very easy to use.

Wagnerl555

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Have a used 2018 1500 and ever since I got it a few months back I cannot get the water spots off of the exterior windows. Has anyone had this issue and if so have you been able to fix it?
I use Rainex and 0000 Steel Wool, it does not scratch the glass, and will remove bugs and tar spots also. if that does not work, they are etched into the glass and may not come out. maybe acid rain....

Ogerjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I second white 50:50 white vinegar and distilled water with microfiber has cleaned hard water spots from paint and glass with no issues. 2 gallons of solution for less than $5 and no scratching.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
If you don’t have a DA just get a foam pad adapter for a drill and any polish or compound will remove it. Clay bar is not going to get you far if the water spots are etched. My guess is if your seeing them and they are bothering you a machine is the only thing that’s going to get them out

Harleydude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same issue and come to find out it wasn't water spots but the laminent in the middle of the glass had bubbles in it. I scrapped both sides of the glass with razor blades and scrubbed it and everything. If you stand off to the side when the sun is shining on it just right you too may see this problem.

Joseph Godvin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Using 0000 Steel Wool removes just about everything from Glass, You must use 4 (oooo) no scratches. also great for cleaning Chrome. been using this method for 30 years !!!

Kizzle

Reaction score
The best water spot remover for car windows (home windows too) is Sud Factory.

I got it from https://sudfactory.com

Spotless X2 for the glass and if you have paint water spot issues then you can get the Dissolve X2 paint water spot remover too.

Works fast and is easy to use.