Extra Fob for 2021 2500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I decided I wanted a couple of extra Fobs for the truck, that way if 4 of us are traveling or hunting together, everyone has their own Fob. Ordered an OEM one off of Ebay because it was about half the Dealer price, also ordered a $24 Chinese knock off. Locksmith spent 2 hours, could not get either one to pair. The Dealer where I bought the truck, Redwater Dodge, spent 3 hours and multiple attempts, no joy. Now from what the dealer told me, the Chinese one not working was no surprise, he said only 5-10% ever program and if it had not been for the OEM Fob, they would not have even bothered trying to pair the Chinese one more than once. Neither the dealer or the locksmith charged me for the time they spent trying to pair the remotes. The Charge from the locksmith and dealer was the same, $80, if they had got one or both to pair. Both vendors were good about providing full refunds but I wasted 5 hours waiting for the truck for what should have been a 15 minute job.

I have purchased a factory new one from the other Chrysler dealer I deal with, Londonderry Chrysler, as Redwater, that tried to program the Fobs for me didn't have one and they are on back order till March. Redwater actually told me Londonderry just happened to have one in stock. The second dealer is $260, for Fob, programed to truck. Ebay OEM Fob was 90 Canadian plus $80 to program so for the $100 buck difference it wasn't worth all the wasted time. Sometimes just going straight to the local dealer actually makes sense.