Fabtech vs. Rough Country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
I lift all my trucks so in prep for order delivery months away I want to accumulate all my goodies. There is a huge price difference between the Fabtech performance 6" lift vs. the Rough Country. I know the Rough Country uses spacers but other than that what's the differences to justify a couple extra grand in price? I don't want to cut corners in ride quality.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I lift all my trucks so in prep for order delivery months away I want to accumulate all my goodies. There is a huge price difference between the Fabtech performance 6" lift vs. the Rough Country. I know the Rough Country uses spacers but other than that what's the differences to justify a couple extra grand in price? I don't want to cut corners in ride quality.
The quality and finish on the parts and the engineering behind it. Don’t go cheap Rough country at 6”. I installed the FabTech performance on my friends 5th gen and FabTech does it right, everything is top notch.

There are pics in his thread here
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/fabtech-6-performance-lift-kit.139180/page-2

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Fabtech Performance 6" lift, and I absolutely love it! My buddy and I installed it and I was very impressed with the quality and fit of everything. It really made the OEM parts seem like toy parts. The ride quality is just as good as if not better than stock. I took a road trip this past weekend and cruised 75-85 with ease, and at one point I got on it a little to get around some slower traffic and I looked down and was like oh **** I'm hitting 100. It was smooth as hell, had no idea I was going that fast. I can't really speak about the other lift kits out there as I don't have any of them. I did quite a bit of research before I bought the Fabtech kit, as I spent quite a bit of money on the truck and was very happy with the truck and wanted to make sure I got a good lift kit and remained happy with the truck. I have no regrets about getting the Fabtech kit, I feel it was worth every penny. BTW Nick@GotExhaust got me the best price of the Fabrtech lift if you decide to go that route.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go with Fabtech, that price difference includes the new front coilovers

OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
I kinda thought that's what I would hear. I found 95% of what I was going to build on a lot not far away for 15 yes 15,000 off MSRP so Etorque and a 33 gal tank I'll do without. Working it now for a Saturday pickup.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I kinda thought that's what I would hear. I found 95% of what I was going to build on a lot not far away for 15 yes 15,000 off MSRP so Etorque and a 33 gal tank I'll do without. Working it now for a Saturday pickup.
Best of luck. Post pics if you pull the trigger.