Factory Fog Lights - Installation Help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KraKsX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Longbed

I have these lights im trying to install:

103122EL6B.jpg

And im trying to install them in the bumper
(bad photo, sorry) : WhiteTruck%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

In the small hole that 'should' be made for these lights, But iv got to be missing something, because i dont see how i can install them at all.

All input is much needed THANK YOU

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There should be screws, washers and nuts that you need, once you have that in, just hook the electrical up, did you have the harness already or did you have to buy them?

OP
OP
K

KraKsX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The light are factory mounts (should be) [if you search Dodge 2001 Ram 2500 Fog Lights, this is what will come up] The harness and the light came together just like the picture.

Its a mounting issue i have, the lights came with no instructions, and i dont see how i can possibly mount them (running the wires will be easy, once mounted)

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
I'm pretty sure on a 2nd gen with factory fog option has 2 studs welded on the back of the front bumper that those black plastic brackets slide over and bold down with a nut, sounds like you'll need some stud's welded on as is why I haven't bought a set of those yet.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll get on tomorrow after I look at my friends 2nd gen.

OP
OP
K

KraKsX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll get on tomorrow after I look at my friends 2nd gen.

Thank you.

I had went to a import shop, and they had wanted to just mount the light behind the bumper, when it should be in the bumper, and they wanted to crappaly rig it...

im sure there has to be a REAL way to do this.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you.

I had went to a import shop, and they had wanted to just mount the light behind the bumper, when it should be in the bumper, and they wanted to crappaly rig it...

im sure there has to be a REAL way to do this.

It'll go up right next to the holes, inside the bumper

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I swapped mine out and it was a PITA .

They are labeled LS and RS .. start there .
Also you have to go from inside the bumper ... tiny hands .

Good luck

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Ok went out and snapped a couple pics for ya. Under the black bumper cover there should be 2 holes. These 2 holes hold the studs for the lights to mount. Really hard to explain and show in the dark. But if you take the upper bumper cap off you will see the holes if you don't already have factory fogs. After mounting those 2 studs to the bumper attach the light using the bracket that is on the light and bolt it tight. Done deal. Hope that helps here are some pics to try and show you what I mean. Oh and the studs aren't welded. Mine are either pressed in or held in place by the bolts that hold the light on.

IMG_20120109_211227.jpg

Mounting bolts from inside the bumper

IMG_20120109_211212.jpg

How the light sits in the pocket.

DCPVILLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2001 ram fog lite harness

Hey, dc here ,im new to your forum and found others were having same issues w/fog lite install . Everything you said about the install was absolutely correct, the only thing left out was the fact that dodge requires the special plastic vent gadget that the fog lite peeks through needs to be the fog lite friendly one which i found out just today . My question was , does the fog lite wire harness plug in in the same place for the years 98 through 2001 which is right below the bottom of the radiator shroud in the center .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye