Factory front/rear track bar expected life?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had 20 heims on my jeep rubicon rock krawler suspension. Never replaced one or saw it get sloppy in the 4 years I had it.

but yes, i do think they are more maintenance and can be finicky.

Overlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 75th Aniv Build #0006
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What I've found with the metal ball joints ('Heim') isn't wear on that specific joint per se, but noise and vibration being carried into the cabin by lack of compliance. When everything is new this isn't as much of an issue as the other rubber in the system is still soft enough to absorb the harmonics. As the rubber in the body mounts, engine mounts, and other suspension components hardens or develop play later in life the noise and vibration becomes worse in the cabin. This is amplified with metal or poly bushings. Not saying this is the case with the Thuren bar specifically, but having upgraded control arm bushings and rear link bushings on other trucks it does happen. And it's annoying. Most people want to improve with 'upgraded' components where just resetting back to zero mile factory rubber would get them what they want.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had 20 heims on my jeep rubicon rock krawler suspension. Never replaced one or saw it get sloppy in the 4 years I had it.

but yes, i do think they are more maintenance and can be finicky.
(Go ahead and laugh)..I had issues with Heims on the Nissan hardbody I had in the 90’s that had hydraulics.

my ‘99 had the Skyjacker double flex links on the lift kit, those were scary how loose they were at 18k miles. I called QA1 for replacement recommendations and the tech guy told
me I was lucky to get that many miles. He said & I quote “Longetivity & heims are 2 words that don’t go together”.

I can see on a Jeep being lighter than a Ram, maybe that’s why they last longer.