Factory installed brake controller not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papaal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I have the 2016 Ram 1500 and had the factory ICB installed and it was working fine with my trailer. I had to change out my trailer plug and now the truck says Trailer Brake not connected. When I disconnect the trailer from the truck and push down on the brake I get a reading on my truck as if the trailer is connected. When I check the connector on the truck it shows battery to the terminal and when I check my trailer I also have battery to the terminal that connects to the truck. All other functions work. Help!!

Earl Zeis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Key here is replaced trailer plug. Did you install it correctly? Triple check the connections are correct and that they are tight and making good contact?

Earl

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
The controller works using the trailer plug's brakes and ground connections. If your trailer brakes are working, the controller should also be working properly/. Be sure your trailer brake emergency cable is connected (plugged in)