Factory Service Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Has there ever been factory service manuals posted for download?

I haven't seen anything newer than 2012 for free download and most of the newer years have broken links for the places I know where to get them from. That you Simon?

OP
OP
H

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks; given how consistent the platform has been over the years, I'd be interested in the / any pdf factory service manual - even from back then. little has changed...

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The problem is that Chrysler no longer publishes PDF service manuals. They're all online and interactive now. You can get a CD for the manual part, but it doesn't contain wiring diagrams or part numbers. You really can't do much these days without a TechAuthority subscription.

OP
OP
H

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I understand that. However 09' wiring will be 80-90% of 2017. I'm pretty familiar with DC / FCA as my other ride is an 05' 440 aluminum blocked Magnum.

If I can get someone to point me to or send me the latest pdf (say 09') I'd be pretty well there. I suspect though - the last pdf available was more like 07-08.

Anyone know why(!) I keep having to log into this forum?? Even when I select Remember my details I'm getting annoyed.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Thanks, I understand that. However 09' wiring will be 80-90% of 2017. I'm pretty familiar with DC / FCA as my other ride is an 05' 440 aluminum blocked Magnum.

If I can get someone to point me to or send me the latest pdf (say 09') I'd be pretty well there. I suspect though - the last pdf available was more like 07-08.

Anyone know why(!) I keep having to log into this forum?? Even when I select Remember my details I'm getting annoyed.

Welcome to our side of FCA, still hanging around with the ALX guys?

Unfortunately the '09-'12 wiring is actually fairly different from the '13+ models, I run into it all the time when trying to help newer guys based on my '09. The radio became the main interactive feature on most trims; the cluster received a complete change and isn't reverse compatible; LED tails and projector headlights changed wiring harnesses and PCM controls; transmission and transfer cases completely changed; the engine harness was changed for the change in throttle body and electric steering rack but didn't change much otherwise. At least the suspension stayed the same, as long as you don't have the air suspension.

If you're being required to log in every time then the issue is typically browser side. If I use Firefox I stay logged in all the time but Chrome or IE kick me out every time, even with a cookie dump. Tapatalk also hosts RF just like LXF if you use mobile as well.

OP
OP
H

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Kurtis, hope your truck is doing what its supposed to :^)

Seeing how the Magnum is pretty well finished and I've got less time now than I ever had, things have slowed down a lot. I'm livid that all the work I put into posting How-To's has been hijacked by fotoscumbucket!

The plan for the new truck is to keep things simple. As always - I look for service manuals / information that would allow me to perform my own repairs etcetera (outside of warranty).

Thanks for tips regarding browser issues. Stay well...

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I'm going through all the same issues with the how-to's I've built as well; I used stronger words to describe PB and will begin to fix the how-tos I've built when I have some free time.

Unfortunately the truck is on jack stands at the moment, I've blown 2 transmissions in the past 200kms so I'm in the process of doing a 4L80e swap and I'm the first 4th gen to do it so it's been interesting. The new F-1A was just too much for the 'built' 545rfe.

I have scoured every place I can think to find the new CD-based files and there is nothing available that I can track down without either needing a subscription or purchasing it outright for ~$200US. I did find it directly from Tech Authority for $134US but I know you're not looking to buy. I didn't try any pirating sites since I can't access those from the work network.

OP
OP
H

Hemissary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know me; I have stronger words as well :^) It is a travesty given they could have offered other solutions to existing clients. Like a one-time payment based on existing file size. F'n miscreants.

I just might buy the cd, see what security is in-place and see if I can extract for the forum. But only if I can confirm it contains the real deal (not some Chilton fluff).

Sorry to hear about trannies...but then again, was a (any) 545 really gonna survive :^)

Can you confirm the 2017 OEM 4x4 wheels are 5.5" on-center with a 25mm offset? Thanks, and I wish you well with the swap!

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You know me; I have stronger words as well :^) It is a travesty given they could have offered other solutions to existing clients. Like a one-time payment based on existing file size. F'n miscreants.

I just might buy the cd, see what security is in-place and see if I can extract for the forum. But only if I can confirm it contains the real deal (not some Chilton fluff).

Sorry to hear about trannies...but then again, was a (any) 545 really gonna survive :^)

Can you confirm the 2017 OEM 4x4 wheels are 5.5" on-center with a 25mm offset? Thanks, and I wish you well with the swap!

I was mad at PB because I had a Tier 1 subscription to get rid of the ads but apparently that wasn't enough for them.

The wheels are 5x 5.5"/139.7, center bore is 77.8mm. The offset varies by diameter: the 17" are 25.4mm, 20" are 19.1mm, 22" are 19.1mm.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Simon phone this number and have the last 8 digits of your serial number handy to get the 700 page factory manuals,one for the truck and one for the radio,it's not what you're looking for,but hey they're free if you're the first registered owner of the truck.

Canada 1-800-387-1143

For you guys south of the border call this number .

US 1-800-423-6343 .

If you don't have the manuals for the Magnum,the number might also work to get them for it.
Rick

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Has there ever been factory service manuals posted for download?

I use alldatadiy.com for $30/yr. It has all the wiring diagrams, specs, troubleshooting, procedures, component testing, part numbers, etc., and you can print as needed. There are some quirks, but overall it's decent.

Kazimodo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
For 2014 2015 :
mistakes in a few fikes , exemple cooling system file has differential images ..
but a lot of goodfiles in the 131 PDF files .
no need to input any of your info in the box that first pops up .. click '' X ''
-------------------------
file : --->> Dodge Ram 1500 2014-2016

that opened a long list of 131 items

go up right next to the '' Sign in '' button and click the
arrow pointing down to download the zipped file ,
choose a place where you want to download like the desktop ...

create an empty file on your desktop called
'' RAM Service Manual ''

Zipped file : 187 MB before unzipping ...

then click the zipped file an unzip it , when asked where to send it ,
choose the newly created file '' RAM Service Manual '' and unzip ,
the 131 PDF files will be in the newly created file ,
total = 1/4 of a Gig ( 240 Mo ).
-----------------------------------------------------

HERE : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bflvnogpwg5y88c/Dodge_Ram_1500_2014-2016.zip?dl=0