Factory Sound Processors and Crossovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Does the pac AmpPRO give you the ability to take away the bass that goes to the front door speakers?
if you have the Alpine, yes it takes away and basically sums it to an aftermarket amp. Bypasses factory amp that makes the crossover points.

20190304_115948.jpg

prohunter4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am pretty sure that’s what they used on mine.

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you have the Alpine, yes it takes away and basically sums it to an aftermarket amp. Bypasses factory amp that makes the crossover points.

View attachment 157594

Yea I have the the alpine system but I changed out all the door speakers and dash speakers and roof speakers, still have the factory sub. So if I added the AmpPRO what happens to the bass that goes to the factory sub?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
It's a go betwwwn if you wanted to bypass Alpine amp, and use another amp

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I’m not sure what you’re trying to say lol

It is pretty confusing lol. The PAC plugs in between your head unit and the factory amp. This will eliminate all of the output from your factory amp, requiring you to install an amp for your after market sub(s), and the rest of the speakers in the truck, if I understand everything correctly.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
exactly, the OEM amp determines crossover points, etc for each speaker. This eliminates that, allows you to add an aftermarket amp and tune your way....with no noise added into the system.

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
exactly, the OEM amp determines crossover points, etc for each speaker. This eliminates that, allows you to add an aftermarket amp and tune your way....with no noise added into the system.

Oh I thought it cleaned up the sound and basically turned the factory amp into an aftermarket amp. So when you add the AmpPRO with an aftermarket do you have to run an amp kit too?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Power, and RCAs from PAC to amp, basically just look at it as you bypass or remove the OEM amp.
You'll still need to power amp with a decent wire kit.

and BTW, I do have a new PAC I'm selling. :)

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Power, and RCAs from PAC to amp, basically just look at it as you bypass or remove the OEM amp.
You'll still need to power amp with a decent wire kit.

and BTW, I do have a new PAC I'm selling. :)

I’m still not sure that it’s what I’m looking for lol

prohunter4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It shuts the power off from the factory amp and allows it to only be powered by an aftermarket amp. So your highs and mids would be run by the factory amp and like in my case the sub by the JL only.

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It shuts the power off from the factory amp and allows it to only be powered by an aftermarket amp. So your highs and mids would be run by the factory amp and like in my case the sub by the JL only.

I’m not looking to add an aftermarket amp. I just want something that will kill the bass that goes to the two front door speakers and will also let me have better control over the factory sub as opposed to just the crappy 3 band eq from the head unit

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I’m not looking to add an aftermarket amp. I just want something that will kill the bass that goes to the two front door speakers and will also let me have better control over the factory sub as opposed to just the crappy 3 band eq from the head unit

Checked out the DSR1. It is the same thing as the PAC. It eliminates the factory amp and requires you to run multiple amps to power all the speakers in the vehicle

Lkw88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checked out the DSR1. It is the same thing as the PAC. It eliminates the factory amp and requires you to run multiple amps to power all the speakers in the vehicle

Gotcha. So what I’m looking for doesn’t exist lol

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

The does the pac do the DSP part that the fosgate unit does??

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I don’t believe this is correct. The PAC gives you outputs that you can feed into amps or a DSP. It also will continue to allow the factory amplifier to function as long as it is still connected to the speakers.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-ch41

OP
OP
ErnieBoling

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don’t believe this is correct. The PAC gives you outputs that you can feed into amps or a DSP. It also will continue to allow the factory amplifier to function as long as it is still connected to the speakers.

https://pac-audio.com/catalog/amppro-amplifier-interfaces/ap4-ch41

I stand corrected! Copy and pasted from the product description page:

Features

• Can be used to upgrade the entire sound system or just part of it thanks to retention of the original amplifier