Fahren LED's... love em.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlcjw72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a 16 express with normal halogens. there a certain model of the fahren i should get? does the 16 need anything special like the 15 and below? really not a fan of lights going out randomly as i live in the middle of nowhere maine.

17CrewCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
I replaced my low, high and fogs with the Fahren LEDs in my 2017 with the base 4 bulb reflector style headlamps. The brightness is an amazing difference. Although I am loving them, I am being flashed by multiple cars each time I drive at night, and I feel bad pulling up behind cars at lights.

I have not yet had a chance to adjust the level (it did not appear to be a problem before). Will the adjustment fix this or are these just too bright in the base reflectors?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my low, high and fogs with the Fahren LEDs in my 2017 with the base 4 bulb reflector style headlamps. The brightness is an amazing difference. Although I am loving them, I am being flashed by multiple cars each time I drive at night, and I feel bad pulling up behind cars at lights.

I have not yet had a chance to adjust the level (it did not appear to be a problem before). Will the adjustment fix this or are these just too bright in the base reflectors?
Are they clocked right? The led chips need to be facing 3 and 9. When they are clocked right there is a distinct cut off line. The level or height probably is not the issue unless you are lifted.

See my pics in post 91 page 10 of this thread.

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To replace the low beam bulbs, yes, I did it through the flap. There is a white part that slides up/down to unlock the assembly, so you can pull it forward. Did not take the grille off. As I remember, there are instructions for replacing the headlight bulb in the owners manual. That may help.
Sorry - my bad, I went back and thought about this. I did open the flap, there you can reach in and slide a plastic clip down. Then you take out one (or two) screws up top, and can pull the headlight assembly out. Sorry if I caused some confusion.

17CrewCab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Are they clocked right? The led chips need to be facing 3 and 9. When they are clocked right there is a distinct cut off line. The level or height probably is not the issue unless you are lifted.

See my pics in post 91 page 10 of this thread.
All chips are at the 3 and 9 position. I also checked them again the other day.

The light does seem to bounce pretty high when driving down dark neighbourhood streets and I see it in peoples faces when they drive past in front.

The truck is stock height, may even be pointed down a bit as I added tuf truck rear shocks for towing a trailer.

I tried looking at the lights straight on and they are incredibly bright.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All chips are at the 3 and 9 position. I also checked them again the other day.

The light does seem to bounce pretty high when driving down dark neighbourhood streets and I see it in peoples faces when they drive past in front.

The truck is stock height, may even be pointed down a bit as I added tuf truck rear shocks for towing a trailer.

I tried looking at the lights straight on and they are incredibly bright.
I've never gotten flashed and it sounds like we have the same set up. They are bright bulbs. Maybe they are just sensitive.