Falken wildpeak at3w

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just installed wildpeak H/T...I'll keep my eyes out.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

How do you like the H/T in various weather conditions ? Thsnks

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far only dry weather. About 200 miles.

They are so quiet I have to check my speedo, I keep thinking I'm slowing down.

Ride is comparable to SR-A, smooth but sidewalls are softer than all terrains so corners are mooshy.

Also they much taller so I lost some power.

My mpg has dropped. I am headed on a road trip tomorrow. I will be able to get a better assessment.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tires stain after awhile. Soft r compounds tend to brown up more so than harder ones. I used to use strong degreaser on semi truck tires that hadn't been washed in a long time when I worked at a truck rental place in the wash bay. The soap would immediately turn brown, and the power washer would take most of the hunk away leaving a new looking tire. Sometimes if get a few that needed a second run and some scrubbing.

My dune Grapplers brown up even without tire shine. My open country at2s as well.

It's totally normal. Just use a good degreaser or tire cleaner. I can't use heavy degreaser like purple power on my dune graps. It'll fog my wheels over like mad.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
William Hastings

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Waiting for dry weather here and ill grab pics next wash. Right now its raining every day and they are muddy. These tires were like this new, date code is recent also. I get after time this could happen i guess, ive never seen it tho, have had pretty much every tire brand over the years. Thanks for sll the input, so far noone said theve seen this on new tires, i was just concerned i got some defective rubber right from the start

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Waiting for dry weather here and ill grab pics next wash. Right now its raining every day and they are muddy. These tires were like this new, date code is recent also. I get after time this could happen i guess, ive never seen it tho, have had pretty much every tire brand over the years. Thanks for sll the input, so far noone said theve seen this on new tires, i was just concerned i got some defective rubber right from the start
Nah. My brand new nittos did it. They still brown up a little. I noticed it is much worse when I use tire shine of any kind. My BFG all terrains didn't unless I ran them a long time without a wash or something. I think a lot has to do with how the road grime is. Oil on the road, dirt roads, even snow and ice management chemicals play a role. I don't think you got any issues. I would use a tire and wheel cleaner every wash. I used to use straight purple power but I don't due to it fogging my aluminums really badly. I still have to get the shine back on 3 of them. I'll work on em over the summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
brown = oxidized rubber , most tire shines have a bad form of silicone & have chemical that dry out and prematurely age the rubber

try this was the tires and rims with 50/50 mix simple green and water use a stiff natural bristle brush not a plastic one, use a leaf blower to dry them then hit them with a spray-able liquid wax

DA Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, but the cheap version of pledge is half the cost and works just the same. It dries as a wax instead of oil or grease. It's what people used way back in the hot rod'ing day's, before tire shine came into existence. You can easily wipe down any over spray with a dry cloth. It goes on 10 times easier than anything else I've tried. The key is to use a long handled brush to get it into the grooves.

Something else we used before tire shine came on the market was Mop and Glow floor shine. Pour on a sponge and wipe tires down. It also dries and doesn't sling off. Don't know why all the geniuses that produce tire shine can't make one that will stay in place.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Something else we used before tire shine came on the market was Mop and Glow floor shine. Pour on a sponge and wipe tires down. It also dries and doesn't sling off. Don't know why all the geniuses that produce tire shine can't make one that will stay in place.
If it flings off you gotta buy moreeee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spray mine down with A degreaser first then spray on TireFoam and they always look Black. You will notice when you spray on the degreaser alot of Brown floats to the surface. Probably Brake dust in there

mopareg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I've always used a spray silicone lube, works great.

ROADPOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I never noticed discoloration on mine, but I don’t use tire shine. I spray on furniture polish then brush it in. Looks clean, no sling, repels water, and lasts longer. I even wipe my rims with it.

View attachment 166332 View attachment 166331

I’ve used spray furniture polish for years on my tires..I actually buy mine at the $1.00 store...I’ve also used it to polish my Harley and my R/T..only I use Pledge Wipes easy on and easy off and they stay moist in the pouch

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never noticed discoloration on mine, but I don’t use tire shine. I spray on furniture polish then brush it in. Looks clean, no sling, repels water, and lasts longer. I even wipe my rims with it.

View attachment 166332 View attachment 166331

I cleaned the truck up on Thursday and dug out the Lemon Pledge for the tires and wheels.

Pledge works great!

The best part is I don't have to clean off the tire shine that gets all over my wheels every time I used it.

I will never buy tire shine again.

Pana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had these installed about a thousand miles ago, have used meguiars tire foam a few times to dress them after washing the truck. Does anyone notice that they arent black? I know it sounds crazy but a my tires have brown hues when the sun hits them. Next time i wash and dress ill take pics. But a couple arent black. Bad rubber? Anyone else seeing this? Other than that they are awesome, nice and aggressive looking. But something ain't right

Have you hit with a tire/rubber degreaser prior to any dressings? I use Adams Tire/Rubber cleaner on new tires and each tire gets about 3 cycles of it with a medium/hard brush and I let air dry (once/twice on maintenance wash depending on how dirty they are). Usually does the trick for every tire I've used. I've done a little detailing in the past and when people brought new tires to me I'll use the same process. Hope this helps for you now and future tires. I also dress with Adam's tire shine (I go with Adams because it's good quality and i can buy by the gallons at a decent price)

Last edited: