Falken Wildpeak H/T02 - Any experience with them?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
Anyone have experience with these tires? I've found threads on every tire that's on my list except these. They aren't even listed on Tire Rack or 1010. I've had Falken passenger tires in the past that made it to about 72k before they separated. If I can't find any experience with these, I'm probably going with General HTS60.

The A/T3 seems to have a good rep, but I'm looking for straight highway (no winter concern either)

Edit: I wound up ordering the Falkens. Fingers crossed that they deserve to be in the same lineup as the AT3. Hopefully I remember to follow up in a year. Give this thread a bump if I forget.

Edit 2: These tires say Sumitomo Rubber… didn’t know that acquisition happened.

Last edited:

Yeret

The Village Drunk
Reaction score
Under the hood fixing/breaking something.
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I'm actually giving serious through to buying a set of Falken AT3 to replace my aging Duratracs as they seem to rate pretty well. My old man has a set on his Xterra and they seem to not give much of a damn of what you run 'em through.

As a "rugged" highway tread, the T02 looks pretty good and Falken tires as a whole seem to be a good choice. Not sure how well they'd do in the mud, but if you stick to the highways, that shouldn't be much of an issue.

Abeatty44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How are the Falken Wildpeak H/T02 working out for you? Would would recommend?

OP
OP
Mittens

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
So far they're awesome. I've hit some deep puddles at 45 and had no traction issues. I need new ball joints in the steering parts, but they seem to track as good as the old ones. I went from 9.6" wide with 7.2" sidewall (245/75-16) to 9.3" wide and 7.9" sidewall (235/85-16) so that's something i was a tad concerned about. Ride quality is excellent- very smooth ride and road textures/contours are kept out of the cabin. Traction in dirt parking lots and mushy shoulders is phenomenal considering there's basically no weight on the rear axle. Haven't towed yet but I had no concerns with 3,500 lbs in the bed. I can't really comment on road noise with the old diesel.

They seem more pliable than the old (I think 13 years old) Wranglers, as in the flat spot on bottom looks larger. No clue if that means anything. The front is pictured below at 50psi. I upped it to 65 I think.

They have two sidewall designs as well. I picked the chunkier letters.
IMG_0791.jpgIMG_0788.jpg