FCA rejected warranty claim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
  • it ain't about the amount of time spent outdoors. It;s the amount of time between washings.
  • go out, once, for a second. get dropped on, then store inside hot garage...... heat helps the poop activate and get even stronger.

Heat helps my poop activate too lol.

Wouldn’t it be hotter sitting in the hot sun? Im in Canada so maybe it’s because we don’t get crazy hot temps like you folks [emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
imagine the greatest factor is what the bird eats as part of its diet. we have a lot of wild berries around here so PH could be rather high.

I just know i saw that same thing on my truck but i could also see the small tell tale signs of bird droppings in and around the spots, even after hosing it down, before I got up there to scrub the off. Only reason i even thought about doing the roof was because we had taken the topper off for a project,. which is why the truck needed a thorough cleaning.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
imagine the greatest factor is what the bird eats as part of its diet. we have a lot of wild berries around here so PH could be rather high.

I just know i saw that same thing on my truck but i could also see the small tell tale signs of bird droppings in and around the spots, even after hosing it down, before I got up there to scrub the off. Only reason i even thought about doing the roof was because we had taken the topper off for a project,. which is why the truck needed a thorough cleaning.

Wonder if that ceramic coating would protect a bit longer and better from bird droppings. Might want to check with jay.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Wonder if that ceramic coating would protect a bit longer and better from bird droppings. Might want to check with jay.

From what I understand it would protect the surface. My buddy did his car which is a DD and he sent me a pic the other day and water still won’t stick to it. Looks like water Rolling off a ducks back. Even an application of a good synthetic wax and a sealer would go a long way with an application in the spring and fall.

The one thing about waxes and sealants though is they tend to be weakened by the harsh auto car wash soaps. And In my area it’s the only feasible way of washing a vehicle for most people in the winter so it’s tough. Best bet is the ceramic coatings but they get really pricey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk