Fender Flares OEM vs. Aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Last edited:

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the stock Mopar fender flares that came on my Laramie. I'm not really a fan of the larger pocket style flares on the 5th gens. But it's really up to you and the look you're going for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick_Hunts

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the stock Mopar fender flares that came on my Laramie. I'm not really a fan of the larger pocket style flares on the 5th gens. But it's really up to you and the look you're going for.

Contractor was by my place Monday and he had bushwhacker on his truck... hard pass on those. Aren't the Laramie flares color matched?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, they have holes in the fenders, but I've read claims from people who have mounted OEM flares onto trucks that didn't have flares, without drilling any holes. Not sure how they mounted them but I'm going to assume it involved foam tape like on the 4th gens. You might do some searching in this and other Ram forums.

OP
OP
Rick_Hunts

Rick_Hunts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, they have holes in the fenders, but I've read claims from people who have mounted OEM flares onto trucks that didn't have flares, without drilling any holes. Not sure how they mounted them but I'm going to assume it involved foam tape like on the 4th gens. You might do some searching in this and other Ram forums.

Yeah was thinking the same thing, some heavy duty double sided tape, did not know the 4th gen used tape .. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock