Fender flares on the 2020 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sawman556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Not a fan of the 2020 fender flares. Anyone change theirs out? If so what did you use and pics?

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Not a fan of the 2020 fender flares. Anyone change theirs out? If so what did you use and pics?
If you decide to get rid of yours let me know. I'd be interested in buying them to put on my '18 for the right price.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sawman556

sawman556

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
If you decide to get rid of yours let me know. I'd be interested in buying them to put on my '18 for the right price.

Why? You like them? I prefer the older plain ones. I'm having a hard time warming up to that notch thing at the top. If I knew the factory 2018 PW flares worked, I'd order those. I'm not going to go with anything other than OEM.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The issue you might find is there are a bunch holes in the bedside behind the new style flares, so they may mount differently.

And I agree, I just cant get used to the little flat spot at the top of the newer flares.

rwhjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why? You like them? I prefer the older plain ones. I'm having a hard time warming up to that notch thing at the top. If I knew the factory 2018 PW flares worked, I'd order those. I'm not going to go with anything other than OEM.

The issue you might find is there are a bunch holes in the bedside behind the new style flares, so they may mount differently.

And I agree, I just cant get used to the little flat spot at the top of the newer flares.
Correct. I was asking about people who’ve removed the new flares with the notches at the top of the arc. Someone posted a pic of a 19 or 20 with the flares off and there’s a ton of holes in the fender sides on the new trucks unfortunately.

not sure if they’d interfere with the nicer looking smooth flares or not though.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Correct. I was asking about people who’ve removed the new flares with the notches at the top of the arc. Someone posted a pic of a 19 or 20 with the flares off and there’s a ton of holes in the fender sides on the new trucks unfortunately.

not sure if they’d interfere with the nicer looking smooth flares or not though.

Yea I dont think the holes will be an issue putting the old style flares on...but it could be an issue trying to put the new style flares on the older trucks (like Odin was wanting to do).

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yeah, I kinda do. Not sure why though. Lol.

Well damn... I wasn't aware of that. I thought they just used the 3m tape on the sides and screws in the bottom.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I assume your '18 is not a Power Wagon? I have the flares off my '17 that are available. Just took them off about two weeks ago.