Filed Lemon Law suit over 2015 Cummings 3500 Dooley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stickpony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think all of you are missing the point. his problems started BEFORE the 2 year and 24,000 mileage limit for lemon law in his state, and he has documentation. the time limits for Lemon laws don't apply to how long ago you bought the vehicle necessarily, as long as the original date of the first time the problem happened was before the lemon law time period ended. The statute of limitations isn't specified for lemon laws in most states, they only define the time period that the defects/issues can occur.

i think he has a good case. He can also make it clear that if he doesn't get a new vehicle, that Dodge will assuredly be getting alot of bad PR in retaliation. Although i do have a question for the OP: Why would an adequate replacement be a 2019 ? why not a 2018 ? theirs still plenty of new 2018 dodge's on the car lots. is there soemthing about the 2018 that is undesirable compared to the 2019?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Here in CA you can file after the deadline presuming you have met all the requirements in the first 18 mos, however it is a very limited number of time that you can do so. Lemon Laws weren't meant to keep auto manufacturers on the line forever, that wouldn't be fair either. The problem is the way life is going for modern Americans, six mos comes and goes like it is nothing. If you want the grease, you have to be the squeaky wheel.

Walt2137

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a sincere Mopar fan. I own 4 old Barracuda muscle cars, a 2015 Jeep Wrangler and a 2006 RAM 3500 with a Cummings and a 6 speed. I special ordered a new Dooley in 2015 with a Cummings, the AISAN trans and about $18k in other options. I love the truck. Problem is, I can't drive it. This is just a tow vehicle for the muscle cars and i don't drive it that much. It now has all of 9200 miles on it. Thus far, it has been back to the Dealer 7 TIMES!! The Dealer has been great and has replaced the ENTIRE exhaust/DEF system. They have done three Chrysler recalls on other stuff and "reflashed" the computer twice. I filed a Lemon Law suit against Chrysler over this truck and am awaiting a trial date. I told Chrysler I would settle for a new 2019 RAM. I hope I can settle the suit and get another truck. When my RAM "runs", it is great. I get 19 mpg at 74 mph on the highway and 14 mpg around town. The truck will tow ANYTHING you attach to it. Like I said, I love the truck - when it runs.

It dont bother me if it has misspelled words i get the drift and if not for spell check some of you would probably be making fun of my post i never could spell worth a damn and dont give a rats A**.
Jim the Ram 3500 is a fine truck and the Cummins ISB or whatever its called now days is a fine engine. And i hope you get some relief from Chrysler corp.

tom0329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a sincere Mopar fan. I own 4 old Barracuda muscle cars, a 2015 Jeep Wrangler and a 2006 RAM 3500 with a Cummings and a 6 speed. I special ordered a new Dooley in 2015 with a Cummings, the AISAN trans and about $18k in other options. I love the truck. Problem is, I can't drive it. This is just a tow vehicle for the muscle cars and i don't drive it that much. It now has all of 9200 miles on it. Thus far, it has been back to the Dealer 7 TIMES!! The Dealer has been great and has replaced the ENTIRE exhaust/DEF system. They have done three Chrysler recalls on other stuff and "reflashed" the computer twice. I filed a Lemon Law suit against Chrysler over this truck and am awaiting a trial date. I told Chrysler I would settle for a new 2019 RAM. I hope I can settle the suit and get another truck. When my RAM "runs", it is great. I get 19 mpg at 74 mph on the highway and 14 mpg around town. The truck will tow ANYTHING you attach to it. Like I said, I love the truck - when it runs.
Yeah good luck getting that 19 last I heard they are skipping 2019 model year for 2500 and 3500. And my 2016 2500 had the same recalls.

tucka71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel

I have 2013 ram diesel big horn mega cab 2500 4x4. First 3 years great last to horrible. Going on my 4 th tipm box.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I have 2013 ram diesel big horn mega cab 2500 4x4. First 3 years great last to horrible. Going on my 4 th tipm box.

What was going bad to call the TIPM, especially 4 of them? I know FCA vehicles as a whole have a larger than average TIPM failure rate, but 4 is way out there and making me think something is back feeding and frying them.

tucka71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
What was going bad to call the TIPM, especially 4 of them? I know FCA vehicles as a whole have a larger than average TIPM failure rate, but 4 is way out there and making me think something is back feeding and frying them.

Yep. Sucks

tucka71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I guess you missed my question. What was specifically going bad to make the TIPM call for replacement?
First my air wasnt working ..second time message came up saying my def heater module was bad. But everything worked.