Filler neck housing assembly screws?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmoneyyy92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got an 05 ram I just purchased a week ago and it didnt come with a gas door or any components or screws that go to it. I was able to find and order a matching color gas door on ebay and was able to get the gas door screws and the 2 rubber things from the dealership.

Now I just need the screws that mount the filler neck housing to the body of the truck. The dealership wasnt able to find the screws.

Can anyone help me out with what those look like?

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've got an 05 ram I just purchased a week ago and it didnt come with a gas door or any components or screws that go to it. I was able to find and order a matching color gas door on ebay and was able to get the gas door screws and the 2 rubber things from the dealership.

Now I just need the screws that mount the filler neck housing to the body of the truck. The dealership wasnt able to find the screws.

Can anyone help me out with what those look like?

I know the ones for the door have more of a machine fine threaded screw,,the 3 that hold my fuel filler neck which is an 2004 are a size smaller on the torq head than the door screws but are more of a sheet metal type threaded screw also smaller diameter,,could probably use a phillips head type screw I would think , check picture of one of mine for reference

IMAG1896.jpg

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I highlighted the p/n's, the diagram is lower left.

p535.jpg

DannyLa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L DSL
The part numbers in the diagram you shared are for mounting the fuel door, not for the filler neck housing. What are the part numbers for the 3 smaller screws that mount the housing the the bed? I am also trying to find this for an 04.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The part numbers in the diagram you shared are for mounting the fuel door, not for the filler neck housing. What are the part numbers for the 3 smaller screws that mount the housing the the bed? I am also trying to find this for an 04.
Go download the parts book and look.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Go to your local hardware store and grab some different sizes that look like they fit, then use what works and save the rest for another project. No need to go to a dealer for some hardware unless it’s something special.

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Go to your local hardware store and grab some different sizes that look like they fit, then use what works and save the rest for another project. No need to go to a dealer for some hardware unless it’s something special.
This

Plus,at the dealer,they'll probably want $4.50 per screw

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I understand (I also seem to have a compulsion for correct original screws) and suggest you go to your local self serve you pull type junkyard and find the correct screws. Hardware store screws will never make you happy. I have a '95 nitro yellow green ACR Neon with more junkyard parts than anyone would believe. Don't be afraid of junkyard parts.