Finally decided to level the front of my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well guys, I finally decided to pull the trigger on leveling the front of my truck and I decided to do it with those aluminum snap on adjustable links from revel performance so when they get here, I’ll see how they work. I’m not looking to put large tires on or anything, I’m just taking advantage of the fact that my truck has air suspension and I can level it out but not have the extreme rear sag if I ever put anything heavy in the bed or hook up to a trailer because my suspension automatically levels itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested to read your feedback.

I did the same thing with Edgy Mod links. Took awhile to find the sweet spot...balance between firmer ride and level look. But I did it. Played with link adjustment and tire pressure.

Ended up at 2.50" link C to C and 38# of psi. This left me about a 3/4" rake.

I did go to a slightly bigger tire size (275/60/20).

Good luck!

2019 RAM Post Level .jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would be interested to read your feedback.

I did the same thing with Edgy Mod links. Took awhile to find the sweet spot...balance between firmer ride and level look. But I did it. Played with link adjustment and tire pressure.

Ended up at 2.50" link C to C and 38# of psi. This left me about a 3/4" rake.

I did go to a slightly bigger tire size (275/60/20).

Good luck!

View attachment 243990

That’s 3/4 rake? Looks pretty derned level to me.

Yours were a lot cheaper than mine if you just went with the front only. Well, it wasn’t too bad, maybe 40 bucks more. They attach the same as the ones you bought though.

But you’re saying on yours was you made your links 2 and a half inches long measured from the center of each mounting hole?

How did yours affect your air suspension modes? The rep I talked to who pretty much sold me these said that even with OF1 and OF2, my truck should have a slight rake I guess. I told him I coulda swore the truck leveled out in those two modes but I can’t remember because I don’t use them hardly at all.

But it firmed up the front of your ride, huh? Like, a lot? I dunno what it is but my front end just always felt kinda under-inflated to me.... especially with aero mode on. Just seemed like the front end would bottom out on a lot but of course, we do have some pretty bad roads around here.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, if you take measurements to bottom side if the fenders and make that the same all around, the truck will “appear” like its sagging ass.

I have my power wagon leveled to about 3/4” higher in the back as well...looks perfect to me.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, if you take measurements to bottom side if the fenders and make that the same all around, the truck will “appear” like its sagging ass.

I have my power wagon leveled to about 3/4” higher in the back as well...looks perfect to me.

Hmm, I’ll be darned. This is my first time leveling. I’ve always wanted to on other vehicles but just never did because they were spring-ride and I just didn’t wanna have to spend more money on helper bags to control the increased rearend sag from taking out the factory rake that’s there on purpose when loaded.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s 3/4 rake? Looks pretty derned level to me.

Yours were a lot cheaper than mine if you just went with the front only. Well, it wasn’t too bad, maybe 40 bucks more. They attach the same as the ones you bought though.

But you’re saying on yours was you made your links 2 and a half inches long measured from the center of each mounting hole?

How did yours affect your air suspension modes? The rep I talked to who pretty much sold me these said that even with OF1 and OF2, my truck should have a slight rake I guess. I told him I coulda swore the truck leveled out in those two modes but I can’t remember because I don’t use them hardly at all.

But it firmed up the front of your ride, huh? Like, a lot? I dunno what it is but my front end just always felt kinda under-inflated to me.... especially with aero mode on. Just seemed like the front end would bottom out on a lot but of course, we do have some pretty bad roads around here.

Yeah. It felt too firm at 2.25, so I went to 2.5, and dropped to 38 psi.

Lost OR2 but I never used it anyhow.

Normal and Aero feel good now.

I was parked slightly uphill in
the pic. Might be a little deceiving.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. It felt too firm at 2.25, so I went to 2.5, and dropped to 38 psi.

Lost OR2 but I never used it anyhow.

Normal and Aero feel good now.

I was parked slightly uphill in
the pic. Might be a little deceiving.

Yeah, the Rep I talked to said I may or may not lose OF2 mode depending on how high I went but hell, seems like the only time I ever used that mode anyway was either to show off, raising the front for maximum height to make oil changes easier or like only one time I used it to hitch up to a trailer.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well good luck. It would be interesting to hear how it works out for you.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well good luck. It would be interesting to hear how it works out for you.

I’m looking forward to trying them out but hey, I’m just curious; I’m not sure how the roads are where you live but before you put your leveling links on, did the front of your truck ever feel like the bags were just a tad under-inflated? The roads here are hit and miss, good and ****** but the front end of my truck feels like it’s bottoming out just a touch when the roads get real wavy. Not so much with aero-mode off but especially when the front dips down at highway speeds.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'll be curious if it works out for you. I know you found the BFG tires too rough and I had the links in for a couple days before I got rid of them due to the rougher ride.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be curious if it works out for you. I know you found the BFG tires too rough and I had the links in for a couple days before I got rid of them due to the rougher ride.

Which links did you have? But since I asked Sportnut, I might as sell ask you the same, especially since you said they made the ride too rough but does your front suspension seem to be under inflated, even in aero-mode?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Revel as well, but that doesn't really matter. They all do the same thing. Replace the stock links with adjustable length ones to trick the truck into adding more pressure into the bags to lift it.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m looking forward to trying them out but hey, I’m just curious; I’m not sure how the roads are where you live but before you put your leveling links on, did the front of your truck ever feel like the bags were just a tad under-inflated? The roads here are hit and miss, good and ****** but the front end of my truck feels like it’s bottoming out just a touch when the roads get real wavy. Not so much with aero-mode off but especially when the front dips down at highway speeds.

No. When my truck was stock the front end felt fine. Some sway when turning but did not feel under inflated.

I think the key to it is to NOT expect a full level. Expect it to be a little firmer but not bad.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. When my truck was stock the front end felt fine. Some sway when turning but did not feel under inflated.

I think the key to it is to NOT expect a full level. Expect it to be a little firmer but not bad.

I don’t know, I may be wrong but mine sure does feel like it needs a little bit more air in the front. But I guess the other thing I should ask; I forgot to ask the representative at revel performance but I did look at a set of instructions for another brand of these links and all they said about an alignment after installation was that if you bought the full set and pretty much wanted to raise your ride height to where it’s basically in OR2mode without having to use the buttons on the dash to achieve it, they said you might want to go get an alignment after raising it up that far… Which makes sense but In order to match really close to the back tires, I don’t think I’m going to be raising the front of my truck up any more than an inch probably.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got an alignment for piece of mind...but didn't really need it.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got an alignment for piece of mind...but didn't really need it.

Well, I got my links in yesterday but haven’t put them on yet but, I’m curious- when you say you still have a 3/4” rake to the front; you’re saying your front end is only 3/4’s of an inch shorter than your back? I guess I’m just gonna have to let the truck be parked for a long while off with the key fob still in the house because this morning as I was starting my semi up, my pickup was idling next to it and I decided to pull a tape on my fender wells to measure height. Well, as it sat, my back is already only an inch higher than the front.

But just out of curiosity, how much taller was your back from your front before you put your links on?

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My rear was 1.50 taller than the front before I removed the OEM links.

Try measuring on different surfaces, a garage if possible, both sides.

Last edited:

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh forgot. Yes the front is about 3/4 " lower than the rear. I'll measure again - it changes because of all the auto leveling by the air suspension.

Not sure it matters but keep in mind I also went to a larger tire - 275/60/20.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It really doesn't matter since his is a 4th Gen and yours is a 5th. Tire size doesn't make a difference in front to rear difference. I am curious though what the clearance is vs the 4th given the 4th Gen stock is the same size you went up to.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh forgot. Yes the front is about 3/4 " lower than the rear. I'll measure again - it changes because of all the auto leveling by the air suspension.

Not sure it matters but keep in mind I also went to a larger tire - 275/60/20.

That size is the factory size for 20’s. At least for mine it is.