Finally found something I don’t like about new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wondering how those boards do in colder and snowier climates. Have either of you had any operational issues with yours due to extreme cold or snow/ice buildup?

We have nasty winters up here and so far they work perfect. I did spray Rust Check on all moving parts (pivot points) before we started to get the bad weather. Time will tell how they hold up winter after winter. Keeping the truck clean as often as possible will help especially the undercarriage. The stance is perfect for entry and exit, I really like them.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have nasty winters up here and so far they work perfect. I did spray Rust Check on all moving parts (pivot points) before we started to get the bad weather. Time will tell how they hold up winter after winter. Keeping the truck clean as often as possible will help especially the undercarriage. The stance is perfect for entry and exit, I really like them.
So far they have worked fine and it has been a very snowy winter.

Thanks for the info, I'd imagine both of you have experienced some very low temps and a lot of snow so far this winter and if they've worked without issue through all that, I'm impressed.

bianca11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel your pain Steve. Same issue with my black 2019 1500 here in upstate NY (like you...a "Great Lakes" part of the country where lake effect is a potential issue 6 months out of the year). Running boards and flaps don't matter...the sides (just like in your pic) get filthy with dirt..debris...SALT....etc. Have just tried to live with it...only other option is to move south.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have never ever had that kind of build up in my 1500. 2005 model year. Every winter I drive it normally like I do in the summer, don't do anything different and absolutely zero build-up.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have never ever had that kind of build up in my 1500. 2005 model year. Every winter I drive it normally like I do in the summer, don't do anything different and absolutely zero build-up.

Oh, I forgot to mention tho: I'm in Hawaii.

pressgrove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After first time I drove my ‘19 in the snow, I ordered mud flaps. I had been on the fence until then.

The first snow after I installed the mud flaps, I decided on fixed running boards. I had been on the fence between those, retractables, nerf bars, or side steps.

I agree with the OP..... these trucks seem to be more succeptible to this than at least anything I’ve ever owned.

Lynn Lindsey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 19 Rebel , I have notice the same thing, stock tires , factory mud flaps. I think its caused by the aerodynamics of the new body.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf