Finally lifting my white big horn Zone 6/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Algunz

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks great glad you like it, by stock setting he meant 0.00" lift. I bet if you bought the zone UCA's he would have adjusted them up, my installer was the same way but I wanted the zone arms anyway
Thank you! I need to get them set to 2.1 thats what I wanted lol. Is it difficult to set them to different levels?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to, break the ball joint loose from the knuckle, then remove the entire strut, decompress the spring, remove it, then you can change the setting. Then you’ll need another alignment. It will cost you several hundred to get it done.

Did you tell them to set the struts at 2.1”?

Beeg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
20180712_063457.jpg 20180711_194555.jpg 20180712_192224.jpg IMG-20180711-WA0015.jpeg 20180711_162413.jpg I just got my 2015 back from the shop yesterday and got the zone 6/5 installed with bils at 2.1. My truck sits very close to level and had about 3 in of take before. I left stock UCA in and my CV angles aren't to bad either. That would make me angry to have to pull it apart again to reset the bils. I would hope they would they would cover the cost.

View attachment 133931

Last edited:

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I just got my 2015 back from the shop yesterday and got the zone 6/5 installed with bils at 2.1. My truck sits very close to level and had about 3 in of take before. I left stock UCA in and my CV angles aren't to bad either. That would make me angry to have to pull it apart again to reset the bils. I would hope they would they would cover the cost.

View attachment 133930

Nice rigs, both of them. I wish I had the garage height, or the winter climate to allow that kind of lift.

OP
OP
Algunz

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just got my 2015 back from the shop yesterday and got the zone 6/5 installed with bils at 2.1. My truck sits very close to level and had about 3 in of take before. I left stock UCA in and my CV angles aren't to bad either. That would make me angry to have to pull it apart again to reset the bils. I would hope they would they would cover the cost.

Looks awesome.. I'm going to try calling to see if they can do anything, but at this point thinking its not even worth it because I kind of like the lifted look with rake. I'm just annoyed because I just feel like the bils are being wasted being set at 0, I couldve used the extra $200

OP
OP
Algunz

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You have to, break the ball joint loose from the knuckle, then remove the entire strut, decompress the spring, remove it, then you can change the setting. Then you’ll need another alignment. It will cost you several hundred to get it done.

Did you tell them to set the struts at 2.1”?

I did not, and feel really stupid now :banghead:

I know in the future I'm going to want 37s, 3in PA bodylift and zone UCAs so I figure when its time to do that project, we will have the bils set then lol guess it will be another 3 years from now because my fiance will kill me if I spend more on this

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
Algunz

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nice rigs, both of them. I wish I had the garage height, or the winter climate to allow that kind of lift.

Thanks man, you worried about the salt in the winter?

I wish I had my bils set like yours lol

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I won't park outside. I have a big garage- almost a 4 car garage. I WON'T park outside

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks awesome.. I'm going to try calling to see if they can do anything, but at this point thinking its not even worth it because I kind of like the lifted look with rake. I'm just annoyed because I just feel like the bils are being wasted being set at 0, I couldve used the extra $200

I see that you’re in New Jersey, May I ask what shop did the install ? You can also pm me if you don’t want to put it out there. :)

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where in Jersey are you ? I have changed the setting mine about 5 times so far this year and Im 64 years old should be a piece of cake for you young fellows. Its not that hard to do with a couple common tools . I've been using a fairly cheap coil spring compressor from Ebay for years. Just go slow and think about what you are doing . It should be less than a hundred bucks for an alignment .

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Oh wow that means I am no longer the oldest one on the forum ha ha ha. Also OP did they say whether it’s going to settle somewhat as the days go on ?

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shouldn't settle much if any . The springs are the OE springs I think . Thats the only thing that can settle . I thought I saw a 75 on here the other day so I guess I am younger than I thought

OP
OP
Algunz

Algunz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Where in Jersey are you ? I have changed the setting mine about 5 times so far this year and Im 64 years old should be a piece of cake for you young fellows. Its not that hard to do with a couple common tools . I've been using a fairly cheap coil spring compressor from Ebay for years. Just go slow and think about what you are doing . It should be less than a hundred bucks for an alignment .

That's actually pretty sick you did it yourself that many times. I can tell you now I wont be able to do it myself unless thoroughly instructed. I'm in Berlin you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobram1500