Finally put the lift kit on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I'll try to keep most of this less wordy.

Zone 6" with the PA 3" body lift.
37" Falken Wildpeak AT3w's.
Thuren King in the front adjusted down to 2 threads showing so they're not extended.
Kings in the rear are getting replaced with the 6" Fox shocks.
Zone UCA's.
Clayton upper and lower rear control arms.
Clayton panhard bar.
Core Sway bar end links in the rear.
Hellwig Sway bar in the rear.
Suspension Maxx extended front end links.
Power Stop Z36 rotors and pads.
Upgraded LED lights.
Painted the bumpers and bottom 12 inches or so with raptor liner.
Took the grille apart to paint with a mixture of raptor liner and hemi orange paint.
Sprayed some suspension parts in hemi orange to make them stand out some.

Still have some painting to do and some vinyl to add, but it's getting there. All 4 fenders are roughly at 48"'s give or take a quarter inch here and there.

Truck feels great. That was a lot of work this past week lol...

View media item 30768View media item 30767View media item 30766View media item 30765View media item 30764View media item 30763View media item 30762View media item 30761View media item 30760View media item 30759View media item 30758View media item 30757

OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll add more pictures as I black out the remaining chrome, tint the windows, and eventually take the engine apart to rebuild it and the eventual switch to new gears.

Also, shout out to nick at got exhaust for some great prices here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, those brush wheels that I noticed you were using to get the chrome off on these bumpers worked way better than I expected lol

OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude those nylon brushes are the real deal lol ... did you end up using the flap disks too ?

I started with flap disks and 40 grit paper... then I talked myself into trying the nylon brushes, and I had such little hope for them. But, they sped up the job exponentially because they worked so good haha

OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks good! I keep seeing caps on lifted rigs. Has me wanting to spend more money.

My wife actually convinced me. Got 4 kids and it's just nice to have on any trips to keep everything dry, little more space, more space for tools. I can lock it up to keep all the hooligans out of it.

OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced the rear shocks with the 6" fox shocks and the rear came up some. My measurements to the fenders are 48.25" in the front and 50.75" in the rear.

Going to put my go rhino front bumper skid plate back on and increase the kings height by .75" to compensate for the weight and hopefully sit the front at 48.75 and the rear at 50.75 to keep a 2" rake.

Once I add that, paint the handles, rear emblem, add the emblem overlays, 4x4 stickers, and window tint I'll upload some more pictures.

OP
OP
V

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By the way, this rides wayyyyy better than near stock height. The front axles and panhard bar are perfectly flat, upper control arms are flatter than near stock height. The rear panhard bar, shocks, control arms, and sway bar are all perfectly flat. It just rides sooo smooth. I honestly couldn't be happier...

Can't wait to air down the 37's and hit some trails up in PA.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Pics don’t work on TapATalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk