Finished My Drop But Have Several Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdmachiavelli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I finished my drop this week using McGaughy's 2/4.5 inch drop.

As soon as I dropped it and before I had it aligned the back seemed to be a little lower in the rear and it doesn't sit level. I was told that the front would sink down a little when it was aligned. Here is a pic of it after the drop and before the alignment.

picture.php

To be honest I didn't think that the alignment would make enough of a difference to notice but I think it did. Here is a pic after the alignment.

picture.php

That being said, the back still seems to sit just a LITTLE lower than the front and really want it level without any rake either way. I like the height of the rear and would hate to raise it to the other notch.

Do I have any other options?

I have a friend that said it could be shimmed just enough to level it out, is that an actual option?

I plan on getting some helper bags eventually so should I just raise it to the next notch and deal with it until I get the bags?

My understanding is that with the bags I will be able to do minor height adjustment with or without a load to maintain a certain balance, is that true?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Xevayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Second pic it looks great. This is what I plan to do to my Night Runner one day.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Looks good, fender gap IMO is what gives it a level look.

2004ramrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what if you added air shocks and inflated to 12 to 20 psi?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
How is the rear lowered? If it is flipped you can lengthen the shackle a little to get it nailed. Or trim the front spring and drop it a tad. I thi k it looks good the way it is.