First Blast with the Foam Cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
The foam cannon is just to get the soap on the vehicle, it’ll need to be scrubbed one way or another. Eliminates a bucket and one method of contamination.

0A10A310-2C79-4142-ABA2-637CB412C659.jpeg

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which almost seem redundant and a waste of time and product i suppose.

It just depends on how important perfect paint is to you. If I drove a white or silver truck, I wouldn't be anywhere near as picky. I have a black truck and try to keep touching the paint to a bare minimum and any dirt particles that I can remove without touching the paint the better which is less material that I am dragging across the paint when I do touch it. So for me it is worth the extra step, but I get your point.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me put this debate to rest. The foam cannon does not wash your truck. It also does not speed up washing your truck. It is simply an important step in the washing process that now that I do it, will never skip. It loosens contaminants and Adds extra lubricant preventing swirl marks, especially on darker colors.

The best way to wash your truck:

-rinse vehicle with pressure washer and wide angle pattern.

-coat entire vehicle with foam cannon. I like chemical guys mr pink or honeydew. Many others will work.

-use 2 bucket wash with grit guards. Use Multiple clean microfibre mitts and designate one for wheels and other dirty areas.

-rinse with pressure washer.

-dry with gas powered leaf blower.

-Tire shine.

the end

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I bought a foamer and have used it ones or twice :oops:

But with my Kärcher heat water power washer there is no easy change between...

IMG_6553.jpg

ren.jpg

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Seems like it would be a pain the butt if your washing the truck during the day when its hot out (in the shade). Wouldn't the soap dry up on the paint? I understand the concept of not needing to put your wash towel in the bucket and eliminating that potential source for redepositing dirt, but your still rubbing the paint with some kind of cloth/sponge/towel. This is where the swirl marks begin forming no?

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me put this debate to rest. The foam cannon does not wash your truck. It also does not speed up washing your truck. It is simply an important step in the washing process that now that I do it, will never skip. It loosens contaminants and Adds extra lubricant preventing swirl marks, especially on darker colors.

The best way to wash your truck:

-rinse vehicle with pressure washer and wide angle pattern.

-coat entire vehicle with foam cannon. I like chemical guys mr pink or honeydew. Many others will work.

-use 2 bucket wash with grit guards. Use Multiple clean microfibre mitts and designate one for wheels and other dirty areas.

-rinse with pressure washer.

-dry with gas powered leaf blower.

-Tire shine.

the end

Just out of curiosity any reason you specified gas powered blower? I mean i have one of each i think next time i am going to try the electric blower as it is lighter.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just out of curiosity any reason you specified gas powered blower? I mean i have one of each i think next time i am going to try the electric blower as it is lighter.
No problem at all! I have a backpack style commercial grade gas one and love how much power it has. I’m sure electric ones are great too.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No problem at all! I have a backpack style commercial grade gas one and love how much power it has. I’m sure electric ones are great too.

I have always heard to use electric because the dirty exhaust from the the 2 cycle engine just falls back on your car. Which makes sense to me.

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have always heard to use electric because the dirty exhaust from the the 2 cycle engine just falls back on your car. Which makes sense to me.
The exhaust on my backpack is off the back of it. I get flawless paint after washing every time

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like it would be a pain the butt if your washing the truck during the day when its hot out (in the shade). Wouldn't the soap dry up on the paint? I understand the concept of not needing to put your wash towel in the bucket and eliminating that potential source for redepositing dirt, but your still rubbing the paint with some kind of cloth/sponge/towel. This is where the swirl marks begin forming no?

See Midnight Storm's post and steps above. He pretty much nails it. I personally rinse after the foam and before the 2 bucket. This way any particles that the foam is carrying away is carried away before I drag it across the paint with the mitt, but this maybe being a bit cautious. The whole concept is to remove as much dirt as possible before touching the paint (even with a proper mitt and washing techniques)

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See Midnight Storm's post and steps above. He pretty much nails it. I personally rinse after the foam and before the 2 bucket. This way any particles that the foam is carrying away is carried away before I drag it across the paint with the mitt, but this maybe being a bit cautious. The whole concept is to remove as much dirt as possible before touching the paint (even with a proper mitt and washing techniques)
I like that idea of removing the loosened particles before the mitts. Turns out I’m not a know it all after all!
I’m not stingy on soap products either so I might start rinsing the foam cannon soap off as you suggest and then reapply another round of it before the 2 mitt process. I just really like all that sweet sudsy lube on the paint when touching it.

davemuellen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love my foam cannon. My other ride is an 18 scat pack in black. I swear it's the only thing that helps keep the scratches from washing get worse over the season.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We had a run of bad weather here and it had been almost 2 weeks between washes... until today!
Tee shirt weather out there.
I tried your foam cannon soak and pre rinse, then reloaded The foam cannon again in addition to the 2 bucket wash.
The results... Perfect paint as always!
I will not wash my truck without the foam cannon again.

Last edited:

Chrisg86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I was curious about the chemical guys stuff. What are your thoughts on it?

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The honeydew and watermelon snow foams are both great. I buy them by the gallon and use more than recommend to get a thick ass foam.

Edit: Mr. Pink is also great

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

This ^^^

Nailed it!

DJ Maresco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at the foam cannons but never got one, I use the F11 Top coat that I used on my Vette and only need to wash my truck with water and a sponge. I wouldn't have believed it but it worked..