First Dodge Ram or Dodge anything for that matter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabee67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Just an intro- First Time Dodge Ram owner, not first pickup though. I've had a 98 Ford F250 4x4 and a 2004 Silverado 4x4 both bought brand new. Both ran great when I sold them. I have not had a truck in the last 3-4 years and decided I couldn't go on with out one. I picked up a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7l . This is my first truck without 4WD and first used. The new truck prices are just way too much more than I want to spend at the moment. This truck was gently used for the last 19 years by an 86 year old guy (guess he was 67 when he bought it) who took care of it well. The last 10 years not much mileage on it verified with carfax. Truck only has 93,000 on it. Been in NC those 19 years so rust is minimal, not on the coast or in the mountains. Paint is in great shape must have been garage or car port kept. Anyway, I have found some small issues I want to correct and some small extras I want to add. Hoping this place has some helpful members that can answer any questions or give good advise.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
Welcome!I too am driving an old 2004 that I have owned for 12 years now.I am the only person I let work on my truck and look forward to helping in any way I can.Sounds like a nice truck.This forum is a great place to be.Alot of cool and knowledgeable people here.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome! Looking forward to pictures of your new to you ride when you have the time.

OP
OP
Seabee67

Seabee67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Thanks You All for the warm reception!
I'll post a picture soon. Only have 1 I took the day I bought it. Just very basic 2002 SLT 2x4. Original body and paint exceptional condition for a 20 year old truck. I wasn't looking to spend a whole lot on a truck right now because of the shortage driven pricing. But I'll enjoy this while I have it, who knows I may just hold it for longer than I think.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome, sailor! What was your Seabee rating? Congrats on your Ram, I had a ‘12 with the 4.7 and never had a problem with it !

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First off welcome to the Ram forum. Second please post a pic when you can. Third you are coming out of some of the best trucks my 02 Silverado 4.8 is at 336k on the motor and it lacks no power and leaks nothing.