First Issue with my 2019 RAM 1500 - RF Hub Died!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CliffordK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is this till happening?

2013 RAM
Driving one day.
Dead in a rest area 2000 miles from home the next.

Pull tab above e-brake worked to release wheels.

First non-Dodge shop clueless.
Called about 5 dealers that could see me between one week out and one month out.

Found one dealer that would take the pickup and gave RF Hub diagnosis.

Hubs are apparently backordered a month out. Hopefully I can find one.

Meanwhile hemorrhaging money and losing time stuck in a motel.

cowboyjw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am glad I saw this post.

I have a 2019 ram 1500 Limited and I am fighting with them about the rear window leaking they keep telling me no leak then the day after I get the truck back I cant get in neither fobs work. truck towed to dealer. Today I find out the RF Hub is bad so I sent them my videos on the window leaking maybe they will find it this time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
GEEZ ....

Every Ram from 2009 until today has a mechanism that allows you to shift the automatic transmission into NEUTRAL

With the 8 speed or i would guess any ZF transmission in a Ram
You open the panel above the E Brake

Behind that plastic panel
There is a colored cord
That cord is hooked on a piece of plastic.
Unhook that cord
Apparently no one read the instructions, from that point on, ( not even the Tow Truck Drivers )

The LEVER that the Colored Cord is attached to, has a small locking pin that holds it in place. That locking pin has to be depressed, they use the physical door key inside of the FOB to press on that release mechanism.
With that release depressed, you can put tension on the cord & pull on it. That puts the transmission in Neutral

VIDEO

Last edited:

CliffordK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, following up on my post.

2013 RAM.

Apparently some mice got into the wiring causing the pickup to throw the RF Hub error.

The shop didn't show me their repair, but it appears as if this is under the carpet between the driver's seat and the door frame.

Mice.jpg

It wasn't blowing fuses, but somehow this bus was implicated with the wiring to the RF Hub.

At least the shop was able to fix the pickup in a couple of days whereas I was looking at potentially over a month to get the hub, with the pickup stuck halfway across the country.