First Issue With My 2020 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dropped some change between my drivers seat and the center console. Reached down to retrieve it and noticed there was what appeared to be some type of clip, about 3” - 4” long, stuck to the side of the leather seat cover. With further inspection I realized it’s what holds that side of the seat cover to the seat frame. Looked at the passenger seat to see how it attaches and after some work was able to stretch the seat cover put it back in place. That lasted about 1 minute and it popped off again. Did that 3 more times and realized it wasn’t gonna stay. Calling the dealer in the AM.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had that on my 2018 Laramie Longhorn too. Dealer fixed it after two visits...once to determine I wasn't full of S*&% so he could put I under warranty and order the part...and the second visit to actually fix it. They told me it can happen on leather, cloth or vinyl seats and sometimes the factory installs them incorrectly so that it actually warps the plastic clip rendering it useless so they have to install a new one. At first, they thought it was going to take a new leather seat cover to fix it but then informed me it was just the clip. All I know is it solved the problem.

19REBEL

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel 4x4 Crew
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same problem on the front side of the passenger's seat. I have a 2019 Rebel Crew Cab with Leather. I took it to the Dealer and they are ordering the part. I told them they may have to replace the entire skin but they weren't sure. I hope not, but they are checking to see what they can do.
I see that Northstar1 was able to get just the clip fixed. How long ago was that and is it holding up?

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I've had the front clip loose on a number of trucks both Ram and Ford. In fact mine is loose right now. A permanent fix would be to hog ring it. Someone said they'd fixed it with a couple of drops of super glue and clipped it back on. It's a bugger to reclip it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have the same problem on the front side of the passenger's seat. I have a 2019 Rebel Crew Cab with Leather. I took it to the Dealer and they are ordering the part. I told them they may have to replace the entire skin but they weren't sure. I hope not, but they are checking to see what they can do.
I see that Northstar1 was able to get just the clip fixed. How long ago was that and is it holding up?

I've had the front clip loose on a number of trucks both Ram and Ford. In fact mine is loose right now. A permanent fix would be to hog ring it. Someone said they'd fixed it with a couple of drops of super glue and clipped it back on. It's a bugger to reclip it.

Hello,

Keep us updated on your dealer visit. If we can be of any assistance, send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help!

Lamar
RAM Cares

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Hello,

Keep us updated on your dealer visit. If we can be of any assistance, send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help!

Lamar
RAM Cares
I won't mess with the dealer. I'm thinking of trying the Super Glue "fix". There are probably thousands of trucks out in the field with the clips loose and the owners completely unaware of the problem. It is what it is....

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I won't mess with the dealer. I'm thinking of trying the Super Glue "fix". There are probably thousands of trucks out in the field with the clips loose and the owners completely unaware of the problem. It is what it is....

Jus Cruisin,

I understand, please let me know if you need our assistance in the future.

Lamar
RAM Cares