First mod???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My first mod was a Pedal Commander

mbryanr2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wrapped up my first mod the Dee Zee tailgate assist. Took bout 1 beer install time. Really comes handy if you use the tailgate often. NCRaineman you are right these trucks should have came standard with it from the jump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I laughed at this ^^^^when I was searching your posts for the grill change info
Took me about a beer too (although I got one afterwards too), and honestly don't see the reviewers issues with the insert tool.

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My first 2 mods in the first week: Amp Research Power Steps and a Gator tonneau cover. I really like the steps because they never take away the look of the truck and they go lower than a running board or nerf bar so it makes it easy to use.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
Jeff,

TY for asking this!!! We just took delivery of a new to us ‘18, so I have been reading like crazy on things specific to these beasts!!!

And a HUGE TY to all who have replied!!!

Has anyone added the direct bolt in Magnaflow muffler only kit (~$380) to their truck? How does that sound?

As for exhaust, I swapped out the stock muffler with a MagnaFlow 18". Left everything else OEM. I think it sounds good. It's got a growl under acceleration, but pretty calm going down the road... enough that the radio drowns it out.

How does the exhaust sound down the e-way while towing ~5k lbs? We will be towing our boat at times and don’t want any drone if possible.

Do you know the 18” part # by chance? Just cut the stock out, and added pipe if/as needed?

TY!

Yeah Bils are easy and a nice improvement over stock. Set at 2.8 they will allow you to clear 35s just fine with the right offset wheels.
I also like many others ate running stock a upper a-arms with zero problems View attachment 135939

Do the stock 20x8s allow 35s without rubbing, or very minimal rubbing?

TY!

^^^^This is a great order of mods!

Personally I went with a 24" Magnaflow then a Catch Can but the CC should be #1

Same exhaust question: Any drone while driving down the e-way, and also any drone while towing ~5k lbs?

Do you know the 24” part # by chance? Just cut the stock out, and added pipe if/as needed?

Also, I just noticed your signature lists a rear spacer, and you have a set of airlift 1000 bags? Ever have any issues with both? I am considering the same basic set up , though maybe a larger rear spacer and the hd bags.

TY!

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My first 2 mods in the first week: Amp Research Power Steps and a Gator tonneau cover. I really like the steps because they never take away the look of the truck and they go lower than a running board or nerf bar so it makes it easy to use.

I did the same thing, AMP steps was my first mod

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jeff,

TY for asking this!!! We just took delivery of a new to us ‘18, so I have been reading like crazy on things specific to these beasts!!!

And a HUGE TY to all who have replied!!!

Has anyone added the direct bolt in Magnaflow muffler only kit (~$380) to their truck? How does that sound?

How does the exhaust sound down the e-way while towing ~5k lbs? We will be towing our boat at times and don’t want any drone if possible.

Do you know the 18” part # by chance? Just cut the stock out, and added pipe if/as needed?

TY!

Do the stock 20x8s allow 35s without rubbing, or very minimal rubbing?

TY!

Same exhaust question: Any drone while driving down the e-way, and also any drone while towing ~5k lbs?

Do you know the 24” part # by chance? Just cut the stock out, and added pipe if/as needed?

Also, I just noticed your signature lists a rear spacer, and you have a set of airlift 1000 bags? Ever have any issues with both? I am considering the same basic set up , though maybe a larger rear spacer and the hd bags.

TY!

There is some drone to the 24 but it's not terrible. The 24 is louder than you would think, the "mellow" rating Mufflex has is somewhat of an understatement. I believe the PN was DOD24 but I'm not 100% on that. Drone wise while towing my 4000 lb camper, it's not much worse than just going down the the highway.

If I had to do the rear suspension over again, I would probably go with TTC 1211 springs and not bother with the Airlift 1000s. They're kind of a pain to install and you have to worry about airing them up/down every time you tow. The spacers I have are Top Gun Customz .75" spacers and they are great quality. No issues running the 1000s with them. I had 1.5" spacers but I didn't like the rake it gave the truck with Bilsteins at 2.8. The .75" spacers give my truck about a 1" rake which is what I was looking for.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
Hemi395,

TY!!!

Definitely have a lot to read and decisions to make!!! Lol

Truck goes in Mon for the Line X and a tonneau cover. Think we decided on a set of step bars.

Just need to figure out the muf and level/lift.

TY again!!!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

TY!

TY!

Congrats on the truck! You'll love it!

I'm not sure on the part number, but a quick Google search should get you the right one. Just make sure you get the inlet & outlet pipe size correct. If I remember right, they are different.

I don't row very much, if hardly any, so I can't really help you there. I did pull home a 71 C10 this past February, though, and it wasn't bad at all. It was a 6hr drive. Normal driving - I get a slight drone at about 65 mph and right around 1600-1800 rpm. So I usually cruise at 70-72, which gets me just past that drone area. Once there, you barely hear it the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

modstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Laramie
Weathertech floor mats, running boards, and tint.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Get a Hottie.
Make that a Smoking Hottie
... so when you go to car shows or truck rally's, all of us long term Married Men have something nice to look at.

We Thank You, ahead of time

Oddly enough, same advice I gave my only Son, when talking about what to look for, in a Wife.

Ram Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had leds installed right away. 2 months later, I had Toyo A/Ts installed. 3 months after that, I installed AFE CAI and cat-back.
I'd like to do the Twisted Steel headers that AFE has.

Blue2500CC

Reaction score
Ram Year
‘18
Engine
Our first mod ended up being a set of like new Husky Weatherbeaters for $100.

Next was the Line X and Truxedo X15 tonneau cover which was installed yesterday.

And an AVS Aeroskin, and a set of step bars were ordered last night for my wife to make it easier to get in and out the beast!