First one ever to not get AlfaOBD to work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ConorToot

ConorToot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
On my 2011, before I sold it, I had zero issues going to full leds, adjusting multiple body computer functions with alfa. I used the wireless mx+ and continue to use the same adapter today on my 14 RT, 15 durango and 16 larmine

Have you tried to do this via Bluetooth vs wired? Have you ever updated your alfa software. Did you pay the 49.00 or whatever fee?

PS there are multiple bulbs available that do not require resistors. Most are available on Amazon, so they can be returned if they don't work
I paid for the full version. Because I have worked with vehicle electronics across the US (and several oceans and seas I suppose could claim as well), I stay away from Bluetooth. I've designed systems for city buses and although Bluetooth works really well for the majority of people most of the time, it will occasionally drop out and it's a real pain to figure out why. Some reasons I've proven where over air signals fail: passing by hospitals with MRI or powerful imaging equipment, a giant Doppler radar right next to the principal operation start point (does your lunch somehow warm itself up?), an airport with a landing strip that traveled perpendicular to a highway where aircraft use their approach radar, a sudden influx of massive quantities of Bluetooth signal ironically near an Apple store. Because of variables like these, I do my best to reduce the variables as much as possible. There are enough defects in the poorly manufactured devices we/I use to keep me busy for my lifetime. So, I used the OBDLunk MX.
I found the issue. It was a poorly manufactured OBDIi splitter or Y cable (WHYYYYY CABLE!).
Everything on that end works well now, but now I have all of these error codes on Chisler's system that I have no idea what the true reason causing the error is. I'll just keep throwing parts at the codes. Actually, I just had a C121E code that I've now replaced all brake calipers, discs, brake switch, lines, hoses, about 20 bottles of brake fluid used to bleed the lines clear (and my bank account dry), and the code persisted. I finally just used AlfaOBD and turned off the ESP feature. It works great now. It also fixed what I thought was a bad alignment that I've had aligned twice and still the truck pulled right. When I turned off ESP, it read my mind and straightened the drive path. My cruise control doesn't work, but for once since I bought the truck, I really feel like I'm in control when I drive it instead of the truck driving me. Quite honestly, all of this automatic junk is not for me. As long as I can use Alfa OBD to activate things like the puddle lamps on my new mirrors, which look amazing, and as long as I'm driving the truck, I'm satisfied. Looking at the illuminated car adding out of control on my instrument cluster was getting old. It's gone now and I'm super pleased that I don't have to stare at idiot lights anymore. Maybe one day I'll replace the brake bosster, master cylinder, the truck, or whatever it is that causes the error.

Redfisher1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I paid for the full version. Because I have worked with vehicle electronics across the US (and several oceans and seas I suppose could claim as well), I stay away from Bluetooth. I've designed systems for city buses and although Bluetooth works really well for the majority of people most of the time, it will occasionally drop out and it's a real pain to figure out why. Some reasons I've proven where over air signals fail: passing by hospitals with MRI or powerful imaging equipment, a giant Doppler radar right next to the principal operation start point (does your lunch somehow warm itself up?), an airport with a landing strip that traveled perpendicular to a highway where aircraft use their approach radar, a sudden influx of massive quantities of Bluetooth signal ironically near an Apple store. Because of variables like these, I do my best to reduce the variables as much as possible. There are enough defects in the poorly manufactured devices we/I use to keep me busy for my lifetime. So, I used the OBDLunk MX.
I found the issue. It was a poorly manufactured OBDIi splitter or Y cable (WHYYYYY CABLE!).
Everything on that end works well now, but now I have all of these error codes on Chisler's system that I have no idea what the true reason causing the error is. I'll just keep throwing parts at the codes. Actually, I just had a C121E code that I've now replaced all brake calipers, discs, brake switch, lines, hoses, about 20 bottles of brake fluid used to bleed the lines clear (and my bank account dry), and the code persisted. I finally just used AlfaOBD and turned off the ESP feature. It works great now. It also fixed what I thought was a bad alignment that I've had aligned twice and still the truck pulled right. When I turned off ESP, it read my mind and straightened the drive path. My cruise control doesn't work, but for once since I bought the truck, I really feel like I'm in control when I drive it instead of the truck driving me. Quite honestly, all of this automatic junk is not for me. As long as I can use Alfa OBD to activate things like the puddle lamps on my new mirrors, which look amazing, and as long as I'm driving the truck, I'm satisfied. Looking at the illuminated car adding out of control on my instrument cluster was getting old. It's gone now and I'm super pleased that I don't have to stare at idiot lights anymore. Maybe one day I'll replace the brake bosster, master cylinder, the truck, or whatever it is that causes the error.
Man your brain works at another level. Lol. Joking aside glad you figured it out.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Please learn to use paragraphs to break up your essay compositions.

Reading a solid block of text is monotonous and beyond the interest of many users.

No offense intended, I was truly interested in your post but can't continue reading this format.

Thanks for your anticipated consideration.

Do you see how I separated each discussion point into a separate paragraph, this makes life easier for many of us older members.

And some of the younger crowd will be challenged to stay focused long enough to read a massive block of text.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ConorToot

ConorToot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
My apologies. I write in stream of thought when I'm not calm and getting frustrated with things like AlfaOBD not connecting. I finally got the thing to connect. Thanks for your comment.
Please learn to use paragraphs to break up your essay compositions.

Reading a solid block of text is monotonous and beyond the interest of many users.

No offense intended, I was truly interested in your post but can't continue reading this format.

Thanks for your anticipated consideration.

Do you see how I separated each discussion point into a separate paragraph, this makes life easier for many of us older members.

And some of the younger crowd will be challenged to stay focused long enough to read a massive block of text.