First things you did or will do when it arrives (5th gen RAM)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I did my tonneau cover and side steps. Would have done the cargo manager if it was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have it ceramic coated inside and out, and have a Pedal Commander waiting for it.

Father Of Four

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I don’t get a vote, but I recommend wash, clay bar and either ceramic coating or paint sealant (provided there are no paint imperfections). There is so much industrial fallout that even new vehicles are susceptible. Unless you drive it off the assembly line, you have corrective action to take if you want best results.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have it ceramic coated inside and out, and have a Pedal Commander waiting for it.

Father Of Four

Curious about ceramic coating since I am considering doing the exact same thing.

I plan on probably having my 2019 once I get it for about 4-5 years. Let’s say i ceramic coat the car and feel like I need to redo it in 2-3 to keep the same high level shine. Does a professional installer just reapply the coating or do they need to sand down the entire car to remove the original coating 100% and then reapply?

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They reapply after prepping to ensure you are getting the full benefit of it. There are various levels and I’ve seen some shops charge as much as $5000 and have your vehicle in their care for three weeks. Of course the larger and more in-depth they go, the more it will run you.

Father Of Four

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It’s what I had on my last Ram and what I run on my Legacy and my Accord. It has several presets and is plug and play for your accelerator. Removes the lag that’s currently there. Does NOT increase power, but helps to fully take advantage when you hit the go pedal.

Father Of Four

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It’s what I had on my last Ram and what I run on my Legacy and my Accord. It has several presets and is plug and play for your accelerator. Removes the lag that’s currently there. Does NOT increase power, but helps to fully take advantage when you hit the go pedal.

Father Of Four

Couldn’t go without my PC

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The good part is I want a basic one, hopefully less chance of things going wrong that way. Just crewcab, 4x4, anti- slip diff, and 3.92 gears. Cloth is fine by me.

Father Of Four

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'll retire. Because that how long its gonna take for FCA to pull their head from their ****** and get production right.

I waited 7 weeks for my B5 Scat Pack in 2015. I bought my 1500 3 weeks after the trucks first hit lots. I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First thing I have always gotten on my last 4 trucks is a bed cover. Extang tuff tonno.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Undercover ultra flex and tinted windows..........already told my boss that when I call in sick for two days.......he'll know my truck has arrived and that's what I'm doing