First time tuck Owner but a life long Mopar guy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMan380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
20211230_185144.jpg

Hiya Ram folks,
This is my first truck purchase, a 2022 Ram Rebel 5.7etorque. Although this is my first truck I am not new to the Mopar scene and had previously owned: Dodge Neon SRT4, dodge Stratus, 2005 Chrysler 300C and currently owns a Dodge Challenger scat pack and this big beast above. I am officially in love with this pickup and just finished a 600 miles road trip and it is super comfortable (didn't take it out off-roading yet).

My question for you fellow Ram owners are as follows:
1) Do you recommend Linex bed liners? or any other that I can find in the NE coast?
2) What methods can I use to prevent rust? I will drive this daily in NE where they use lots of Salt and will also take it out off-roading every once in a while. Linex recommended I use their Valugard application but I think that is a bit extreme and also afraid it my cancel manufacturers warranty.
3) Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a hard removable/lockable bed cover that I don't have to give up most of the bed space and lose an arm to purchase it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers

Threesuns1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 481587

Hiya Ram folks,
This is my first truck purchase, a 2022 Ram Rebel 5.7etorque. Although this is my first truck I am not new to the Mopar scene and had previously owned: Dodge Neon SRT4, dodge Stratus, 2005 Chrysler 300C and currently owns a Dodge Challenger scat pack and this big beast above. I am officially in love with this pickup and just finished a 600 miles road trip and it is super comfortable (didn't take it out off-roading yet).

My question for you fellow Ram owners are as follows:
1) Do you recommend Linex bed liners? or any other that I can find in the NE coast?
2) What methods can I use to prevent rust? I will drive this daily in NE where they use lots of Salt and will also take it out off-roading every once in a while. Linex recommended I use their Valugard application but I think that is a bit extreme and also afraid it my cancel manufacturers warranty.
3) Does anyone have a solid recommendation for a hard removable/lockable bed cover that I don't have to give up most of the bed space and lose an arm to purchase it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers

Welcome MoparMan380.
I'll give you my 2 cents to your questions:
I'm going with Ram drop in bed liner with a mat. My current truck has had one in it for 22years I've thrown bricks, firewood, etc in it over the years and no dents or scratches to the bed itself. If I haul mulch, sand, or gravel I make it a point to remove liner and hose out the bed. Takes about 30 min and 2 cold ones. I leave it out for a few days to let everything dry out. With that said my son got the LineX and loves it.

2) What methods can I use to prevent rust? I will drive this daily in NE where they use lots of Salt and will also take it out off-roading every once in a while. Linex recommended I use their Valugard application, but I think that is a bit extreme and also afraid it may cancel manufacturer's warranty.
Sorry don't have a comment on this and very interested in what others have to say about it.

Again, my current truck (F250 8' bed) has had a midrise ARE fiberglass cap on it since it was new but is a pain to remove to get mulch, sand, or gravel. I've hauled a 46' cut lawn tractor, snow blower, dirt bikes, or a rototiller several times a year and they all fit with the cap, no not at the same time. On my new Ram a cap of some kind is a must. I'm looking at cab height caps and might go aluminum due to weight and ease of removal, I don't think those things will fit in the cab height cap. I'll make the decision on caps after I've had the truck a couple months. Base cost for aluminum is $1100 to $1200 but not as astatically pleasing as the $2200 to $2400 fiberglass I'm looking at.

OP
OP
MoparMan380

MoparMan380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 E-Torque
Welcome MoparMan380.
I'll give you my 2 cents to your questions:
I'm going with Ram drop in bed liner with a mat. My current truck has had one in it for 22years I've thrown bricks, firewood, etc in it over the years and no dents or scratches to the bed itself. If I haul mulch, sand, or gravel I make it a point to remove liner and hose out the bed. Takes about 30 min and 2 cold ones. I leave it out for a few days to let everything dry out. With that said my son got the LineX and loves it.

2) What methods can I use to prevent rust? I will drive this daily in NE where they use lots of Salt and will also take it out off-roading every once in a while. Linex recommended I use their Valugard application, but I think that is a bit extreme and also afraid it may cancel manufacturer's warranty.
Sorry don't have a comment on this and very interested in what others have to say about it.

Again, my current truck (F250 8' bed) has had a midrise ARE fiberglass cap on it since it was new but is a pain to remove to get mulch, sand, or gravel. I've hauled a 46' cut lawn tractor, snow blower, dirt bikes, or a rototiller several times a year and they all fit with the cap, no not at the same time. On my new Ram a cap of some kind is a must. I'm looking at cab height caps and might go aluminum due to weight and ease of removal, I don't think those things will fit in the cab height cap. I'll make the decision on caps after I've had the truck a couple months. Base cost for aluminum is $1100 to $1200 but not as astatically pleasing as the $2200 to $2400 fiberglass I'm looking at.
I ended up with both the line-x liner and valugard treatment from linex. I have some before and after pictures that I will post in this thread for everyone to see. Thanks

Curtis2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with a bedrug, you can hose it out or vacuum it. Had one in the last 3 of my trucks, never had a rust issue underneath and it's easy on the knees

Attachments

• IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2908.JPG
    IMG_2908.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 6

livingon88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
welcome to the truck life. I got a 2020 1500 sport . to answer a few of your questions and I did these to mine . To make it sound good but not obnoxious i had the muffler cut out added straight pipe note I left the resonators in place( they keep it from all the popping happening.. Bed liner i went with linex spray in and love it. Bed cover i have Trifecta soft tri fold would not have any other cover except if i could afford it i would of got the tri fold hard cover. if you are going to be towing my truck has coil springs in rear Air Lift makes and spring assist airbag that goes inside your springs to help with squatting if you have leaf springs you can get bigger and maybe better bag setup. Hope you enjoy your new truck , I sure enjoy mine